• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bordem breakers

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I sometimes feel my rabbits need more things to do! They have tunnels and cardboard tubes/boxes etc which I alternate, swap, move and change every day but I always feel guilty at some point. We're already in the process of giving them twice as much space which should help. I would like them to do what bunnies do best and perhaps encourage them to dig. How can I do this? I would use a deep litter box but wouldn't no what is best to put in it or how to get them to try digging. Blossom used to try dig the hutch up :shock: but stopped after we had her spayed. Any suggestions?

Some bunnies arent diggers.

Some are (i have one!).

YOu can try too hard sometimes. If they are happy, i wouldnt try and change anything.

how about treat balls with some food in them? These are the only toys that my Barney is vaguly interested in! I only open it the tiniest crack though and use pellets rather than treats, you could maybe use bits of veg too? I also have a metal ball with a bell on that I stuff with hay in addition to hay rack?

how about treat balls with some food in them? These are the only toys that my Barney is vaguly interested in! I only open it the tiniest crack though and use pellets rather than treats, you could maybe use bits of veg too? I also have a metal ball with a bell on that I stuff with hay in addition to hay rack?

They have a treat ball which Thumper hogs because he knows how it works! Poor Blossom can smell it but hasn't clicked to the idea that if she nudges it, her food pellets come out. They have a hay ball above their litter box which some days is eaten and other days not even touched. They're so fussy :)

Back