• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do I bond two bunnies?

helen01

Warren Veteran
Okay now I'm starting to panic:shock:

When I spoke to the RSPCA today about getting Poppy a friend they said bonding would be easy. Both the bunnies they have in mind for her have lived with rabbits before (we dont know if Poppy ever has though). They dont help with bonding.

How hard is it to bond a male and a female? What should I do to bond them?

TBH I was terrified about bonding Munch, Tilly and Cheeky and kept putting it off. Thankfully the advice available on here made it so much easier and it went really well. So much so that 6 days later they are all running around the house together. Just never show them your fears :D

Hi Helen (?)

There is a lot to know about bonding and much of it has been written about before on here so I won't bore everybody, but if you'd like to e-mail me I can send you some info on how I do it (too much to put on here - peopel would fall asleep reading it).

Whereabouts are you?

I despair of the RSPCA sometimes. I wanted to adopt from them a good few years ago from my local main centre and asked about bonding and they said they didn't do it. I said what if they don't like each other and they said well we don't want him back!

Needless to say I went elsewhere - and now rescue myself and do bondings for folks.:D

Hi Helen (?)

There is a lot to know about bonding and much of it has been written about before on here so I won't bore everybody, but if you'd like to e-mail me I can send you some info on how I do it (too much to put on here - peopel would fall asleep reading it).

Whereabouts are you?

I despair of the RSPCA sometimes. I wanted to adopt from them a good few years ago from my local main centre and asked about bonding and they said they didn't do it. I said what if they don't like each other and they said well we don't want him back!

Needless to say I went elsewhere - and now rescue myself and do bondings for folks.:D

I will pm you now:D

Hi Helen (?)

Whereabouts are you?

Hopefully we're not all like that!

Hopefully we're not all like that!

No I know you aren't :D but I do wonder how people go on when the don't do bonding - mind you Tracey the don't take bunnies in at our local centre if they can possibly avoid it so I guess it's not such a problem.

Back