• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need help understanding something

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Please can anyone explain to me :oops:
When a rescue says (look below) what does it mean?

we have a very long waiting list of bunnies to come in (about 50) so the waiting list is usually about 5-6 weeks

Does it mean about 2 months for one bun to come in to them (one out of 50)?

I think it means if you wish them to rehome your rabbit they will be unlikely to take them until a space comes up which is typically 5-6 weeks for one space

I take it to mean if you add your bun to the waiting list you are gonna wait 5/6 weeks for it to be taken in to the rescue.

I take it to mean if you add your bun to the waiting list you are gonna wait 5/6 weeks for it to be taken in to the rescue.

Thank you,
The 50 buns already on the waiting list have to be taken in first right?
When the waiting list is empty then my bun can be put on the list then after 2 months will be taken in?

Thank you,
The 50 buns already on the waiting list have to be taken in first right?
When the waiting list is empty then my bun can be put on the list then after 2 months will be taken in?

Theoretically yes, depends on how rehoming goes (so time of year) and if they have emergencies which I would expect to leap frog a bun in a safe situation

Theoretically yes, depends on how rehoming goes (so time of year) and if they have emergencies which I would expect to leap frog a bun in a safe situation

Will it take more than a year for all those 50 buns to be taken in?

Also remember when rescues ring people back to say we have space, quite a few have not been willing to wait and have already passed the rabbit on elsewhere..so a rescue may have 50 on the list but it doesn't mean all those 50 will actually take spaces
and yes emergencies of "at risk" animals jump to the front of the queue

Also remember when rescues ring people back to say we have space, quite a few have not been willing to wait and have already passed the rabbit on elsewhere..so a rescue may have 50 on the list but it doesn't mean all those 50 will actually take spaces
and yes emergencies of "at risk" animals jump to the front of the queue

Thankyou,
So does it mean those approx. 50 buns will have to wait nearly 2 months each for them to be taken in?

I'd also put your rabbit on the list now, if that's what your thinking of doing.
As if you wait until you think there will be less on the list then there will be loads on in front of you.

Also agree with Jill we regularly have to go through the list with countless calls to fill the spaces we have available, because even though we do say to people let us know if you re-home else where they never do.

Thankyou,
So does it mean those approx. 50 buns will have to wait nearly 2 months each for them to be taken in?

not two months each..i think it means that it will take the rescue approx 2 months to deal with those 50...so if you are number 51..you may well get a space in 2 months

Back