• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

anyone know any rabbit savvy vets in london?

louiza

New Kit
I want to get my rabbit spayed, but i dont think the vets I currently use are particularly rabbit savvy.. Im sure they know how to do it, but id rather go somehwere reccomended by someone, because im very paranoid!

Im in south london, but most parts of london are okay to get to because im in a place with good transport links.

Any suggestions?

I would not use Animal Ark, they are cheap but I have several concerns about the care received there. i have an amazing vet in Upminster but that may be too far?

Jack's Jane's vet is in Twickenham I believe. :) I think she has the address in her signature.

ETA. It's not in her signature anymore but I'm sure if you PMed her she'd reply with the address when she has time. :)

Greenwich rabbit rescue has a link about savvy vets (across the country), which I came across doing some browsing the other day.

Im near elephant and castle, just checked out twickenham vets and its easy to get to, just a train from vauxhall

Good old london transport!

I always get stressed taking darcy on trains.. but she never seems too bad, she just gets bored and starts humping her blanket.. i think it stresses me out more than her!!

I would not use Animal Ark, they are cheap but I have several concerns about the care received there. i have an amazing vet in Upminster but that may be too far?

I didn't know they were bad. To be honest the buns were just neutered and had jabs there. I've been really lucky that they have not needed any other vet treatment. The only time one was ill we took him to the Celia Hammond place in Canning Town (we didn't have any money at the time) and the vet there was very good.

Last edited:
Back