• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Limping on with Star to try and see our vet tomorrow. UD post 11, UD post 17

Don't be embarassed, I haven't posted anything about him.

But, he has been producing excess cecals for two weeks or so, so I reduced his pellets to nothing. This morning he was very 'meh' and not really wanting his food. He's had some Metacam and is eating, but not much. He had a time where he stopped going to his water on a different level, but when he got it on the same level as him he started drinking loads (presumably to compensate).

He is my biggest stresshead. We call him OCD bunny because everything has to be 'just so'. The tiniest thing throws him out of whack.

I'm worried this is the first signs of Cocciodisis because his poos from today are supremely odd, but realistically I think that he possibly has dental issues and we may need to discuss arthritis. Off to the vets tomorrow, hopefully first thing.

Don't be embarassed, I haven't posted anything about him.

But, he has been producing excess cecals for two weeks or so, so I reduced his pellets to nothing. This morning he was very 'meh' and not really wanting his food. He's had some Metacam and is eating, but not much. He had a time where he stopped going to his water on a different level, but when he got it on the same level as him he started drinking loads (presumably to compensate).

He is my biggest stresshead. We call him OCD bunny because everything has to be 'just so'. The tiniest thing throws him out of whack.

I'm worried this is the first signs of Cocciodisis because his poos from today are supremely odd, but realistically I think that he possibly has dental issues and we may need to discuss arthritis. Off to the vets tomorrow, hopefully first thing.

:( oh dear, im really sorry to hear all that hun. when buns get ill they dont do it by halves do they?? :(

i can empathise with the ocd bunny!

hope you can get some food into him soon x

He's not as bad as your thankfully with the separation issue, for sure. But I definitely know that you know the struggles faced with this.

He's eaten some bits and bobs, but nothing much, but hopefully enough to keep things ticking over. I daren't syringe feed him in case it makes him worse. :roll:

He's not as bad as your thankfully with the separation issue, for sure. But I definitely know that you know the struggles faced with this.

He's eaten some bits and bobs, but nothing much, but hopefully enough to keep things ticking over. I daren't syringe feed him in case it makes him worse. :roll:

yup, devil and the deep blue sea innit:(

hope he'll start munching.

He has produced a pile of about 30 decent poo which is something. Something must be moving. He also had a second dose of pain relief.

Star is having a dental today. His first, proper full on dental. Happy Birthday Star. :?

If the dental doesn't help clear up his issues, then we start to look further afield.

And I quote

'Star had some quite long spurs on his teeth. You need to pick them up sooner so that they don't cause problems but you picked them up fairly early although earlier would have been better'. :roll:

Good, because the vet found Star had spurs 2 years ago and we have closely monitored them and him until he needed them done, so as not to do an unnecessary procedure. His behaviour changed noticeably yesterday (minus the excess cecals). Had yesterday not been a bank holiday, he would have been at the vets then, but he didn't count as an emergency because I have the stuff at home to deal with it and could perk him up.

Just awesome.

But, I can pick him up this afternoon after my home visit.

I'm glad Star got through his dental ok. And sounds like you did pick it up as soon as he was displaying concerning symptoms, buns hide pain so well.
I hope he goes a long while now before he needs another. Lots of get nomming vibes for Star xx

Back