• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For people with pairs of rabbits...

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
...do you rabbits ever groom each others faces? Just today I've noticed, a lot of times, Bailey climbing onto Binky and reaching over the top of her head to groom it, the bit just above the eyes.

I don't know how many times, it needs grooming considering it's just short hair there! Just wondered if anyone else has seen this?

A pair of rabbits will often groom each other and it is about keeping their bond firm. sometimes one rabbit will be more dominant than the other and will ask the other to groom him. In this way, he is assured that he is the important rabbit. You might see this by a rabbit presenting its face to the other rabbit for grooming.

All the time. :) I can tell if Grim has been cleaning Smoo because all her fur is stuck up in spikes where he's drooled on her. :lol:

The other day they both put their heads down and neither one would groom the other. In the end it was Smoo that gave in and groomed Grim. I think he's feeling better because he's been asserting his dominance a bit more. And humping her. :lol:

a ha - I knew it! I knew Binky was in charge!

Binky is the little bossy one. She's so quiet usually, and sits there. I suppose she see's dippy Bailey as her pet poodle or something. Always acting silly, but Binky is, of course, above such behaviour!

I've never thought there was a more dominant one between them, but I've always suspected the quiet one!! :lol: Motto for life!

George will often groom Gemma's face when she is trying to eat. She is very patient and just lets him. They really are a very loved up couple:love:

Yeah, mine groom a lot :) the face seems to be where they like to be groomed, which may be why they like noserubs? feels like their bunny friend licking them :lol:

I always see Roo grooming Sally like this and never the other way around. The thing being though that its actually Roo who is the boss but he is always the groomer :?

Back