• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Head tilt bunnies-post treatment

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Anything they are prone to condition wise?

Anything that can flare up?

Anything I should know?

Mr Bun is a head tilt bun, who is an ex-Starlight's bun now looking for another home with his wife.

He has some interest, but they want to know the ins and outs of head tilt to know whether it would be in his best interests if she could offer the perfect home.

He has previously had a full course of panacur with bleach cleaning and metacam, but has a permanent tilt. He doesn't roll, but at times can have slightly audible breathing.

Thank you :)

Mischa had head tilt and seems a bit prone to snuffles and infections but that might just be a co-incidence.

Lily was prone to picking it up again twice more after the initial episode, fortunately the other 2 times appeared to be much milder and quicker to bring back under control. This was even after the extended Panacur treatment to try make sure it was all gone.

So far (fingers crossed etc) 1 year on, Brownie seems to be absolutely fine other than a wonky head :wave:

I've read that teeth and hocks need to have a close eye kept on, and possibly ear and eye cleaning, but in our case a loving/dutiful husbun seems to do all that for us!

Dominic hasn't had any problems since having head tilt, although his head righted itself really well and is almost straight.

As others have said, it's supposed to make them more prone to head tilt in the future.

So far *touches every piece of wood around me* the only slight problems Mimi has had is a tendency to get a little sneezy and snuffly, which I think is due to how the head tilt affected the shape of her air way.

Also, she has gained a little weight due to not being as mobile as before, and tends to sit on her hocks alot so I have to keep a close eye on them :wave:

Back