• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Any help/advice

sam3006

Warren Scout
My poor marbles isnt his self, he has no energy, just flops, he wont touch his hay, barely his pellets will drink out of a bowl not his bottle.

his poo is is sticky but i no thats coz he isnt eatting his hay, hes clean under neath.

i brought him inside and gave him a fibre cob i got free with my good bag from RAW he showed interest but still hasnt eaten it all, i think it may be his teeth any ideas?

if hes not beeter in the morn hes going to the vets:cry:

Hi :wave:

To be honest I think your little one needs to see a vet today. He doesnt sound well atall, a non eating rabbit is an emergency :(

It's really important he keeps eating, if he stops eating or pooping you need to go to the vet as an emergency.

Try offering his favourite foods.. does he like vegetables? You could also try herbs. Offering food by hand can also helps as some rabbits assume anything offered that way is extra tasty.

he demolished some apple and a grape eaten half the cob thing going shop in 10 get him some brocolli or what they have im gonna keep him in tonight see what happens i no hes probz needs a vet today but i cnt afford emergancy vet especially not the one near us our dog cost ur 500 for a tiny nick on his leg on the last visit to them. so im off to the shop

£500! ouch! It does cost around £100 to get seen as an emergency, plus normal treatment costs on top.

I'd always advice a vet as fits port of call but if you can keep him eating pooping and get him seen first thing tomorrow that's option B.

Has he got a history of teeth problems? If so you could also try mushing up some veg or adding a little water to his pellets to soften them. Basically try lots of different things and feed him whatever he'll take :)

well i just got back from co-op he is currently eatting the biggest cabbage leaf i have ever seen!! i think we will be ok till tomorrow he seems happy just cotching on the sofa next to my fiancee!! fingers crossed

Back