• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

another Panacur Q

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
is it okay to put the paste on like a dandelion leaf or something? this was suggested yesterday, but on the little leaflet thing it says put it in the side of his mouth. but I seem to mess it up every time I try to put it in his mouth because he wont sit still :oops:

I don't know to be honest. My vet just gave me panacur for our rabbits and she had to have someone hold a rabbit while she put it in her mouth. So maybe someone can hold and you can give the medicine?

I don't know to be honest. My vet just gave me panacur for our rabbits and she had to have someone hold a rabbit while she put it in her mouth. So maybe someone can hold and you can give the medicine?

Me and dad tried that yesterday, but as soon as i tried to get it in his mouth he freaked out and started trying to get away, so it ended up on his paw :roll: xxx

Me and dad tried that yesterday, but as soon as i tried to get it in his mouth he freaked out and started trying to get away, so it ended up on his paw :roll: xxx

I've always found my buns like the taste of Panacur once they get used to having the pipette object in their mouth. I used to put a towel on my kitchen counter (ensuring the buns couldn't jump off), give them a stroke to reassure them, hold their head down as if you're stroking their ears and insert the pipette in the side of their mouth and squirt the Panacur. Make sure you've got the correct dosage ready to prevent you from getting flustered if bunny doesn't like it.

Back