• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Deleted

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Should I try again?
If this time it doesn't work out then I'll know for sure they don't like each other and need to live separately?
If they bond and carry on great then woohoo!

Advice and opinions please :wave:

Last edited:
Yup, but take it slow as you can. Don't move them or add anything in for the longest time, at least twice as long as last time :)

I would! But, as the others have said, take it very slowly this time (I know it's tempting to add more space/change things too quickly). Would be a real shame to waste all the effort that was put into bonding them in the first place just for the want of patience.:wave:

Ty guys
I was meant to be going to a club during the half term but who cares :)
Should I start bonding today?

I think you need to do what you feel is best for the bunnies, which includes when to start bonding. Only you can know the answer because you know your plans, their set up, etc.

I am going to start bonding at 1pm today

Jacks having free range time, should I put him in the run and put Lucky outside for half an hour?

I am going to start bonding at 1pm today

Jacks having free range time, should I put him in the run and put Lucky outside for half an hour?

I think it's great that you want to try again.
Mirror the above and you should take it very slowly.
I'd suggest that if they have scuffles, instead of jumping in and separating them into their own cages again, you use a broom handle or a pair of gloves and separate them within the bonding pen, diverting the aggression that way and seeing if that helps.

1pm sounds quite soon, is half an hour enough to prepare and neutralise an area for them?

I'm going to bond them in the downstairs bathroom
I'm going to seperate with a broom if major fighting.
I'll start at 2 o'clock then :wave:

Thank you,
If they start fighting badly should I separate and not proceed?
If they don't hump is that bad?

Thank you,
If they start fighting badly should I separate and not proceed?
If they don't hump is that bad?

I don't think not humping is a bad thing, my two never humped. Good luck! :) And do things really slowly, can you remember all the advice given to you before? Start with a small space and don't increase it or add anything new for a while yet. Ooh, good luck! :)

Thank you,
Yes I remember the advice from before :)
I think them not humping in the bath tub and asserting dominance later through the bond broke their bond :(
They should have sorted out who's boss from the beginning ?

Thank you,
Yes I remember the advice from before :)
I think them not humping in the bath tub and asserting dominance later through the bond broke their bond :(
They should have sorted out who's boss from the beginning ?

This time, I would suggest leaving them in the small space a lot longer. Do your parents have another bath everyone can use?

If not, I'd think it would be better to use a different bonding space.
If it was me personally, with the issues that have been had in the past, I'd want them to stay in the bath for at least a week after they have settled down together (not a week from the start of the bond, a week from them settling down and stopping chasing etc) then increase space extremely slowly

This time, I would suggest leaving them in the small space a lot longer. Do your parents have another bath everyone can use?

If not, I'd think it would be better to use a different bonding space.
If it was me personally, with the issues that have been had in the past, I'd want them to stay in the bath for at least a week after they have settled down together (not a week from the start of the bond, a week from them settling down and stopping chasing etc) then increase space extremely slowly

Thank you snowball :]
Yes we have another bathroom upstairs.
I'll stay with them for the first 72 hours.
And then leave them in there for 2 weeks.

IMG-20110530-00370.jpg

IMG-20110530-00369.jpg

IMG-20110530-00368.jpg

IMG-20110530-00367.jpg

IMG-20110530-00366.jpg

IMG-20110530-00365.jpg

IMG-20110530-00364.jpg

IMG-20110530-00361.jpg

IMG-20110530-00360.jpg

IMG-20110530-00356.jpg

All was going well
Jack went for Lucky it was no fur pulling
:(
I had to separate, I'm not going to try again..

Back