• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

House Buns

trufflebun

Warren Scout
do people with house buns give them grass.. Every day when im walking Rocky my dog, i cut grass, hawthorn, brambles etc.. Obviously wash it well to make sure any dog wee is off but my two love their daily munch of grass x

I've grown some in a tray for mine. Neighbours think I'm mad cutting it with scissors and planting dandelions :oops:

I give them it from my garden when it grows through my monoblock. I would give them more if i went anywhere that I could get it.

We grow some in a tray. He normally demolishes it within a couple of hours (it's not a very big tray) and has a dig about in it! Then he has to wait for it to grow back again, so doesn't get it very often!

No I don't, I figure they have 2 helpings of various green veggies and herbs each day! When D&D occasionally go outside they've never really bothered with eating the grass?! Plus I know that picked grass starts to break down quickly! They do like the occasional dandelion leaf tho :D

Louie goes outside everyday so has grass but I also pull up long grass when I'm out getting dandelions etc from the fields/pathways.

mine love to go outside and graze on the grass, and hop over the fence to get to the weeds at the bottom of the garden! I have cut some long grass to bring indoors when I have been trying to get Pebbles to eat - as he won't eat hay at all. I dig my dandelions up from the garden and plant them in pots too!

when my outdoor bunnies have had to stay in,after an op, I have dug a square of turf and brought it in for them on a tray. when eaten I replace the square in the lawn in the same place and dig out another one.

You can buy grass seed and plant it in trays over a period of weeks then you can rotate the trays as the grass grows,is eaten, then regrows rather than digging up turf.

Cut or picked grass is best removed after 24hrs if uneaten.

Hay is simply dried grass, so if they get hay and veg and are able to run around indoors then don't worry about them not having grass.

The reason they need grass/hay is that it involves a specific chewing action which keeps their teeth in good wear.

I would still give a bunny hay even when they have unlimited access
to grass as it gives them something to chew on during the night.

sue:wave:

We also grow Timothy grass, Dandelions, Brambles, Parsley, Mint and Corriander in the garden for them. But they dont have fresh grass every day, more like every other or every 3 days and they LOVE it! :love:

Back