• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help about Beano, she's very agressive at times

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Before her spay Beano used to very agressive, grunting, lunging, biting, scratching and stamping at anyone near her. I just couldn't touch her because she was so agressive, me and my dad have loads of scars from things as simple as trying to feed her, even with gloves on. She can actually bite through thick gardening gloves and she'd bite so hard when she wanted to. Once she was spayed she improved loads and she still grunted at times but that's just her! She's always been a little madam! She nips too but those don't hurt, since she met Gordon she hadn't done anything like her usual nipping, she's very gentil with him but still grunts at and nips me, but that's not agressive. The past few days she's been spending more time in their run due to nicer weather and trying to get her in or taking her out the shed to the run is a nightmare. She'll be grunting and stamping, and lunges at you and latches on to anything she can, today it was my legs, all this time she'll be biting and scratching! She can spin round really quickly to bite you too, it's so hard trying to get her in. I leave her out as long as possible but she shows signs of wanting to go in, and we have the same performance trying to get her to go out into her run. I'm not sure what to do really, how should I go about handling her? I've tried getting her in the carrier but as soon as she see's that she's off, and I'd like to handle her so I can do a health check, check bottom etc. It doesn't seem to stress her, no racing heart or anything and as soon as she's down she's back to normal. She's a funny bun, she'll do all this then the next minute be jumping up onto my knee or following me around! Thanks for any advice on how to make bringing her in or taking her out more easy :wave:

Back