• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking of bonding, need advice

debzie

New Kit
Hi :wave: I have a one year old neutered boy rabbit called Clover, and also now have a little girl rabbit called Bella who is about 7 -8 weeks, she is about 1/3 size of Clover at the moment, but will grow to be nearly the same size. Clover is in an indoor cage in my bedroom (he gets put outside in a run for a few hours each day) and Bella is free range in my bunny-proofed bedroom. They often come nose to nose through the cage which is nice.
Of course I want them to get along and want to bond them - but I have never done this before so have been reading up on how to do this, but I am a bit confused as people seem to do it different ways. :?
What I plan to do is create a safe pen in a neutral area, and pop them in there for 2-3 days and nights until they are best friends, keeping a close eye on them of course. I think this may be better than gradually letting them spend a few hours together each day.
I have a few questions:
When should I start the bonding? Is Bella too young now, or is it better when she is young? Also she is quite a bit smaller than Clover right now, will that be a problem - or should I wait until she is bigger? She will be spayed at 6 months but I'd like to bond them before then if possible unless there
Any advice would be really helpful, thank you! :lol:

Back