• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

making hutches to order U/D pics added pt 16

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
As some of you maybe aware my dad has been made redundant and we were trying to think of things to keep him busy. He loves woodwork and is going to making part of the garage into a woodwork shop. He has made me 3 amazing hutches for my bunnies cos the the normal ones were not good enough.

I was just wondering do you think people may want him to build hutches for them if the offer was there. they are very sturdy and last for years.

just wanting to get feedback before we put it into action.

i am sure the prices would be reasonable too.

Last edited:
I'd be interested in what he had to offer! Not in a position to buy a new hutch just yet. Maybe post photos of what he's made for you?

And, in my opinion, if he was really serious about it a website really helps so people can have a nosey about :)

Never thought about rabbit jumps.

I will take some photos tomorrow of the hutches and put them up on here.
I think his hutches are lovely but he is my dad lol.

it's not something I personally would be interested in but, in addition to hutches, he could build a wooden hay rack/platform that's actually large enough for a substantial amount of hay.

this type
1290006973.jpg

I imagine that might be quite popular depending on cost.

I would like a hutch made. I can't find anything on the market that isn't too small or ridiculously expensive for poor quality.

Custom making them means he can offer extras such as ramps, shelves, and runs etc.

I think it's a good idea.

Definately will need a website, and you're in a good positions being a forum member to point people towards it.

Get the pics on :)

Thanks everyone.

The one he made last year easily houses my two 4 month old frenchies with loads of room with a ramp to their run below. I will take piccies tomorrow.

I am looking for a 6ft X 2ft hutch with an attached 6ft X 4ft run underneith at the moment .
Would love a 6ft x 3ft hutch with an attached 6ft X 4ft run underneith better but cant find one anywhere.
wpuld be great if you could post pics and give some ideas on pricing :D
Rabbit jumps would also be good to :D but like the swedish ones :p

Theres a man local here who makes kennels/runs/aviary all different sizes. Admittedly not the highest quality but at a very good price and he seems to be doing really well. He'll make them to your spec if you ask. As well as the rabbit market he's also got the dog/cat/guinea pig/bird. Advertises in local freeads/gumtree. Not sure that he's registered to pay tax though :roll:

I think this is an excellent idea cooldarls :). Definitely need a website and advertising in what he can make and create. I'm looking forward to seeing photos soon as well.

Maybe your Dad can create a link to RU so then people looking on the website can also go onto here and get some great advice at the same time :D

:love:

Julz xxx

oo i would be interested in pics :) im going to be looking for a new hutch soon, im thinking of about 6x3 foot, or a 6x2 double :)

i would also be interested in rabbit jumps too as i want to see if my bunnies would use them.

That'd be great :D My dad's side of the family live in Merseyside :D So if he did start making hay racks, jumps and things like that it'd be awesome :love: Website is a great idea too :) Can't wait to seeee some pictures of your hutches too :mrgreen:

I think this is an excellent idea cooldarls :). Definitely need a website and advertising in what he can make and create. I'm looking forward to seeing photos soon as well.

Maybe your Dad can create a link to RU so then people looking on the website can also go onto here and get some great advice at the same time :D

:love:

Julz xxx

Now your pushing it alittle with link to websites, its has taken me year to get him to turn a computer on lol. if he wants to look at something he gets me to put in up on the screen for him lol

Now your pushing it alittle with link to websites, its has taken me year to get him to turn a computer on lol. if he wants to look at something he gets me to put in up on the screen for him lol

:lol::lol::lol:

Bless him - Well...you could set up the website for him - with him over seeing it, and then add the link in as well.

Julz xxx

hey everyone sorry it has taken ages for me to get back to you all with pictures. I had lost the cable for my camera but have found it now.

these are the pictures of the hutches me and dad are finishing off. these are to house my girls in one hutch and a male in the other hutch. they are 5ft each and will have a ramp down to a 6 ft run each.

DSC03193.jpg

DSC03194.jpg

the inside of the bed area. this is going to have a ramp upto the shelf, my bunnies love sitting up there in the hutch dad has built already for me.
DSC03195.jpg

a picture of the length of it
DSC03196.jpg

this is the one dad has already built for me and houses my 2 frenchies with their 8ft run underneath. the is pre daily clean and needs painting again inside..
DSC03197.jpg

DSC03198.jpg

both in the hutch cos i was about to clean the run and they get in the way and normally run off with the dust pan or brush. mischief both of them.

Back