• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby (Devil to Angel!)

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I can't believe how much Baby has changed in 8 months!

In September, she was a skitty rabbit who took forever to catch. She would often bite and hold on to clothes when I picked her up, and soon it turned to locking on to my skin. After one day with her I was covered in bite marks, some bleeding and bruised, I thought 'maybe she really isn't keen on being picked up', so I stupidly hovered my finger outside outside her pen, and she actually squeezed her head though and bit my finger and wouldn't let go :( I was devistated, she was lovely as a baby and just seemed to turn on me. She lived with my grandma and I was scared to go near her after that.

Anyway, in January my grandma asked me to look after her whilst she went on a long holiday. I only went near her in a thick coat, and when she bit and locked on I'd just ignore her, crouch down close to the floor and let go of her. I know now it was probably putting strain on her teeth, but since she hasn't bitten (well except for one occasion, I completely blame myself and she didn't do her usual 'clamp down') :D She's a different rabbit, I bring her in quite a lot, and she'll jump onto the sofa next to me. Last week she just flopped out and demanded head rubs for at least half an hour :lol: She wont leave my side either, always follows me about to the point I worry I'm going to stand on her :roll: :lol: Bless her though she's so friendly, my grandma has been back ages and she's still staying with me :oops:

No recent pics but here's some from when she was younger (not that she's grown, forever a midgit!)...

40246_420855925771_832020771_4581475_2577583_n.jpg

38722_420856015771_832020771_4581481_7902930_n.jpg

67772_451089655771_832020771_5205185_5826486_n.jpg

Lovely pics :love: i rember how evil she was :lol: when i saw you , you was coverec in bites and scatches, but she was a totally dffernt bunny when i saw her earlier this month :love:

Lovely pics :love: i rember how evil she was :lol: when i saw you , you was coverec in bites and scatches, but she was a totally dffernt bunny when i saw her earlier this month :love:

Yeah :lol: I was really upset when she turned on me, I kept trying to hold myself back from crying

A few weeks ago though when you saw her, apart from that one bite she was lovely, everyone wanted a cuddle. Naomi was holding her for ages too :love:

Awww she is really lovely:love:, will you keep her forever Demi? I can't imagine if you've worked hard to bond with her that you' d be able to let her go would you?

Awww she is really lovely:love:, will you keep her forever Demi? I can't imagine if you've worked hard to bond with her that you' d be able to let her go would you?

Oh I could never let her go now, we're way too close :love:
In the beginning she was meant to be rehomed, the first person let us down, as did the second, by that time we were too attached :lol:

Just had to come back for a 2nd look even though I've seen her in real life. :lol: I just love her colour! :love:

Will I be seeing her tomorrow or is she not coming? :wave:

Yes you'll see her tommorow :wave:

Her sister and mum are also coming to live with me :D They've been at my dads the past year but I'm looking after them for a while :)

aww yey! :love: Can't wait to see her. :)

Aww that's great :D

You've met sister and mum haven't you? :)

Her sister isn't a biter but she is a bit skitty, the main reason they're staying with me is because my dad's really busy with work in summer, he loves the buns but he's worried he isn't giving them enough attention, and he wants me to see if I can rework the bond between them both, or if not try introduce one of them to flash and harley :)

Oh I could never let her go now, we're way too close :love:
In the beginning she was meant to be rehomed, the first person let us down, as did the second, by that time we were too attached :lol:

Thats nice, I think it's a shame when rabbits do bond with a hoomin and then the trust is shattered by being moved on, hope you have many happy years together, she is definately going to provide lots of smiles :)

You've met sister and mum haven't you? :)

Her sister isn't a biter but she is a bit skitty, the main reason they're staying with me is because my dad's really busy with work in summer, he loves the buns but he's worried he isn't giving them enough attention, and he wants me to see if I can rework the bond between them both, or if not try introduce one of them to flash and harley :)

yeah I've met all 4 of your thriantas. :love: If I remember rightly, I took the pic that you use for your siggy? :D

And aww I'm sure they will be happy with you. :) How about a quad with Harley, Flash, Hadley and Daidirro? ;)

Thats nice, I think it's a shame when rabbits do bond with a hoomin and then the trust is shattered by being moved on, hope you have many happy years together, she is definately going to provide lots of smiles :)

I know what you mean! :) My dad suggested re-homing my blossom because she wont bond with my other 3 buns. :( I love her too much to let her go as we have such a strong bond so I'm going to try very hard to make her bond with the trio! :)

yeah I've met all 4 of your thriantas. :love: If I remember rightly, I took the pic that you use for your siggy? :D

And aww I'm sure they will be happy with you. :) How about a quad with Harley, Flash, Hadley and Daidirro? ;)

I'd love all my buns together, the problem is hadley and daiiro have had a big fight, they'll go for each other if there's mesh between too, I highly doubt they'll re-bond. Rory certainly wont go near Harley (Harley will jump up and dive at the mesh to try get to him :shock: ). Baby does sometimes run about with Flash and Harley but she's a bit scared of them, and I highly doubt she'd live with Hadley\Daiiro

Last edited:
I know what you mean! :) My dad suggested re-homing my blossom because she wont bond with my other 3 buns. :( I love her too much to let her go as we have such a strong bond so I'm going to try very hard to make her bond with the trio! :)

I think your other option would be maybe to send them to a rescue for bonding, sometimes the neutral ground and not having the main 'carer' can assist with the bonding, it would be worth it to keep her if your really attached, it worked for Kaths101:wave:

I think your other option would be maybe to send them to a rescue for bonding, sometimes the neutral ground and not having the main 'carer' can assist with the bonding, it would be worth it to keep her if your really attached, it worked for Kaths101:wave:

Thanks, yeah I'm considering doing that but have no idea which rescue will bond them for me. I will have to get looking! :)

Back