• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just counted the rabbits .. . . .

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
and there seem to be 30 of them :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

I know there were 22 last time we seriously counted and then sadly Viola Rose passed on so there were 21, but then we took in the two fosters who appear to now be permanent (their owner has not replied to any emails for a month now) so thats 23; and then we had the accident and the 6 babies arrived, so that was 29, and then little Pippin came to join us - so thats 30!:oops::oops:

But we love them all very much:love::love::love::love::love:

(I do need to update my signature though . . . )

:shock: Wow! I thought I had my hands full with 3 :lol: By the time you've finished feeding & cleaning them out it must be time to start all over again!!

Aaaaw, bet it's bunny paradise. I'd be tempted to try and chuck 'em all in together though and see what happened. It's meant to be easier the larger number you try and bond right? ;):lol: Seems to work that way with my rats anyway.

Aaaaw, bet it's bunny paradise. I'd be tempted to try and chuck 'em all in together though and see what happened. It's meant to be easier the larger number you try and bond right? ;):lol: Seems to work that way with my rats anyway.

They are mostly in 4s now . . . and there are some that most definitely wont go in with certain others:roll::roll: . . . the runs etc that we have now are about right for 4 buns - maybe five if we keep most of the babies together . .

so we are happy with that right now -

1. It makes me laugh how you weren't entirely sure how many you had.
2. How long does feeding take?
3. How long does cleaning out take?

and finally number four ...

I DEMAND PICTURES!!!!

They are mostly in 4s now . . . and there are some that most definitely wont go in with certain others:roll::roll: . . . the runs etc that we have now are about right for 4 buns - maybe five if we keep most of the babies together . .

so we are happy with that right now -

Buns are so fussy :D. 4 seems like good numbers for groups. Bet they are very cute though. Can't wait to see them at your open day.

Last edited:
It takes me long enough to clean out my eight - and if I multiply food and vet bills by nearly four - wow!!!!!!

Is it difficult to notice if one bun isn't eating with so many? I know I find it much trickier with my group of four than I do with my pairs as I have buns who rush straight to the trough and buns who graze later. A few of mine refuse to eat when I am watching too - don't know what that is about but it means I am often to be found hiding in the kitchen and peering out of the window a lot!!

My neighbours must think I am a peeping tom or something:oops:

:shock::shock::shock: Would you not be cheaper acting as your own insurance? Surely with that many premiums a month you'd have a good bit put by for the expensive ones.

I thought I was busy with seven buns and three enclosures to clean!:lol::lol:

Wow Twigs that's a lot of buns :love:

I hope your poor back/sciatica is coping with cleaning them all out - must be tough at the moment :cry:

Back