• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey Escaped!!! :( :( :(

zayna1

Warren Scout
:(:(:(:(:(:( Im in total shock. The rabbits were free ranging in my 'rabbit proof garden' and somehow bailey managed to chew through a bit of wire mesh and escape, through a tiny hole!! I was frantically searching for her all over the garden for ages. Then I heard a voice behind the garden saying 'yeah small...black' and I thought 'BAILEY!!' I managed to shove my way through 6 or so feet of hedges to the neighboring garden and I saw here there, and the guy told me to jump over the fence and get her. I was so relieved!! He hung up the phone and told me it was the RSPCA. I'm so lucky she's unharmed! I ended up chasing her around the mans' garden (with a woman and a small child watching amusedly through the window :lol: ) and when I caught her she went right back into the shed. When I was chasing her she was actually binkying (as she does when i 'heard' her sometimes). She is totally oblivious as to what just happened, but my stomach is sitting in my mouth!! I feel so bad. Whenever I let them out i'm sure to check the perimeter of the garden, but she managed to chew through the wire quickly and dissapear. :( From now it's free range time supervised 100% by me, and I shan't be trusting my brother to keep an eye on them :lol: ) Oh, and one funny thing-the man was calling her a cat :shock: bless him. I thanked him like a million times-im so relieved though!!:love::love:

Last edited:
A cat?! :lol:

I'm glad you got your bunny back safely. They can be so quick and squeeze through the tiniest of holes!!

:lol: my cat felix also decided to accompany me over the fence (honestly don't know why, i just turned around and he was there:lol:)...which was even more embarrassing! Holding bailey in the crook of one arm, then trying to pick up felix with the other! :lol: I thank god that monty didn't decide to come along too :lol::wave:

Oh my goodness! :shock: So glad you found her ok. Please be careful letting your buns free range unsupervised. Foxes and cats are a risk, and even crows and magpies will attack rabbits.

:lol: I'm so glad she's ok too...for bailey everything's a game! She's so naughty, the only rabbit i know who prefers sticking her nose into things more than eating :lol::wave:

Glad you got him back safe! I've had many escape scares, rabbits CAN get through spaces half their size

My bridge bunny Harper was a notorious escapee, her sole purpose was to escape my garden. Luckily I got her back everytime. It was always so difficult to catch her. She spent several nights out and about and luckily one of my neighbours about 8 doors down caught her in his garden, she was covered in fleas. I have never known a bunny like her. So pleased you got yours back.

my 2 little girls are expert escapers. They always come back when it starts to get dark and they're hungry (usually I'm in a state of panic by then). last time it was a broken bit in the gate - now fixed so hopefully escape proof now

Back