• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

has anyone grown....

I haven't myself, but I know someone who does - and if it grows in the west of Scotland I imagine it would grow most places in the UK. Is it a favourite with your buns?

I haven't myself, but I know someone who does - and if it grows in the west of Scotland I imagine it would grow most places in the UK. Is it a favourite with your buns?

it is indeedy and my mum bought me some kits to grow some :D she said she saw them and thought of the buns :D

oh and she also bought me a cactus growing kit which i hope she didnt get for the buns :shock: :lol:

Broccoli should be quite easy to grow and is pretty resistant to most things once it takes off. You will need enough space outside once it is big enough - it's like a small bush size (2' x 2' ish). It is probably going to be a late Autumn crop, but you can pick leaves off the bottom of the stems for the buns before they naturally yellow and drop off. The broccoli is the flower buds before they open. Buns will eat any of the plant. Mine get the whole lot once I have had the tastiest bits.

Broccoli should be quite easy to grow and is pretty resistant to most things once it takes off. You will need enough space outside once it is big enough - it's like a small bush size (2' x 2' ish). It is probably going to be a late Autumn crop, but you can pick leaves off the bottom of the stems for the buns before they naturally yellow and drop off. The broccoli is the flower buds before they open. Buns will eat any of the plant. Mine get the whole lot once I have had the tastiest bits.

:wave: thanks thats great. im going to keep a diary of my brocoli on this thread :lol: ive never grown anything in my life, so wish me luck guys :D

I tried and failed last year, the caterpillars got to it before i did :cry: therefore I gave up and decided not to grow it this year. Protect against. Butterflies as early as you can!

I was growing some from a kit in little pots, but they have died off a bit since I have nowhere to plant them out and they haven't been watered in a few days :oops:

I tried and failed last year, the caterpillars got to it before i did :cry: therefore I gave up and decided not to grow it this year. Protect against. Butterflies as early as you can!

i was gonna grow it inside and then in a pot on my balcony :) is that gonna work??

i was gonna grow it inside and then in a pot on my balcony :) is that gonna work??

I don't see why not, though maybe try covering with some netting if you can, those cabbage White butterflies are evil if they get on your broccoli, I lost all 6 of my plants last year even though I thought I had squished all the caterpillars.

I don't see why not, though maybe try covering with some netting if you can, those cabbage White butterflies are evil if they get on your broccoli, I lost all 6 of my plants last year even though I thought I had squished all the caterpillars.

noted :) ooooooo im so excited, how sad am i :oops: :lol:

Back