• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hutch and run that we've made!

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
We recently made a big 6x2x2 hutch and are in the middle of making the extended run area around the paving/bricks. Both runs will join underneath the hutch (hutch will be raised higher with proper supports) and will give the rabbits 55 square feet with added hutch ontop + other shelters! We're adopting a mummy and daughter rabbit to bond into a group so we can have four bunnies bouncing around!

Photo0659.jpg

Photo0660.jpg

Photo0661.jpg

Photo0662.jpg

This is our bunnies meeting their new friends that we're going to adopt!

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

Well done!!! Where did you get the side panels for the run may I ask??
Looks great :)

they're actually puppy pen panels off of eBay. 8 panels 3ftx2ft for £30. We de-tached the hinges, cut where it needs cutting (not much) and supported it around the concrete slabs with wooden batterns :D

Looks great! Well done! I really want to make a hutch as well :) Hmmm.....should be interesting!

It's great fun and so rewarding! Wickes is the cheapest "Branded" store I know for wood :) Definatly worth doing if you have basic DIY skills. We build all our stuff now, we end up saving a little more money but making it is nicer I feel :D Good project too!

It's great fun and so rewarding! Wickes is the cheapest "Branded" store I know for wood :) Definatly worth doing if you have basic DIY skills. We build all our stuff now, we end up saving a little more money but making it is nicer I feel :D Good project too!

What type of wood should I use? I'm so excited now! Might ring my dad and get him in on it - he loves a project!

Treated Timber :) It'll be slightly green in colour if it's treated but it should say so on the label too. They sell packs of 8 pieces of wood, 2.4M long for £16.79 or something which is really cheap! Just found the link:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/sawn-treated-softwood/invt/107068/

This is exactly what we bought and they sold loads of the stuff! A nice coat or two of Tesco's pet safe wood paint brings it out lovely! Quick drying too!

Great - thanks for the link, because that's not what I'd've thought to look for to be honest, I'd've looked for a sheet of wood. Definately will have to call dad now!

Nice good luck with your quad, the baby bun is lovely, it's nice mum and daughter will stay together, are you still spaying them? Was mum protective over her baby?:wave:

Nice good luck with your quad, the baby bun is lovely, it's nice mum and daughter will stay together, are you still spaying them? Was mum protective over her baby?:wave:

Mum is getting spayed by the RSCPA for us shortly and we'll adopt them together in a few weeks time :) Mum wasn't protective at all and was more interested to run around with my current pair Blossom and Thumper. They all liked each other and ran around together happily :) I can't wait to get them and start bonding them!

Back