• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent vibes needed for my little Freeda u/d 5th A break through at last :-)

HoppingBinky

Mama Doe
Please can anyone spare some vibes for little freed who's not eating after her dental. :(
She had her front teeth clipped on Friday and as she was no better i took her back to the vets yesturday and she had her back teeth filed down under a GA. My partner picked her up this morning and said the vets had syringe fed her. I've just spoken to the emergency vets to get a dose on Metacam sorted wich she's now had. I'm continuing to feed her via syringe with recovery food and i've grated up some apple and carrot wich she's had some of. She's also lapping up some water out of a bowl.Is there any more i could be doing?
God i'm so worried about her, the vet did say her mouth will be very sore so i'm keeping all my fingers crossed for her.

Last edited:
Sending some eating vibes. Hopefully the metacam will help.

I normally try to get a good selection of herbs in too to try to tempt mine when he has been under GA. Maybe some shredded spring greens too.

Tons of vibes for Freeda xxx

Try cutting her some fresh grass [just a little] helped mine :wave:

i hope she picks up now she's had the metacam.

similar happened to me last week with eric but i kept tempting him with herbs and leaves (dill always seems to be a fave when all else fails).

Thank you everyone. She seems to be enjoying a little of the grated apple but nothing else:( . However her two front teeth are loose after clipping:? but the vet says thats normal. Trouble is i keep catching them when i'm trying to syringe her and it causes her more discomfort:(.
Please keep the vibes coming.xxx

Thank you everyone. She seems to be enjoying a little of the grated apple but nothing else:( . However her two front teeth are loose after clipping:? but the vet says thats normal. Trouble is i keep catching them when i'm trying to syringe her and it causes her more discomfort:(.
Please keep the vibes coming.xxx

You could maybe try some of the baby foods that people use on here (HIPPS and some others - non-meat ones of course), Freeda may lap them off a spoon to save you the stress of syringe feeding. You could even make your own out of veg and puree.

Hope she is feeling better today.

I don't think her teeth should feel loose after clipping. That's probably something you should get checked out with another vet if yours says it's normal.

Just wanted to update you all, thank you for all your vibes. She's still not right even though she's trying to eat some of her soft food. She likes to lay quietly at the moment and i havn't syringed her anything this afternoon yet. She also seems to like her food warmish as well. She will be going back to the vets first thing tomorrow to check her front wobbly teeth. At least she keeps going to the food bowl for a little nibble and i will also give her another dose of metacam now as well. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

I've taken her to the vet this morning and they're as worried as i am:(. I think i might be loosing her slowly.:cry:. She won't even go near apple now and she has baytril once a day at a high dose and metacam once a day. I've got to go to work at 2pm and i'm sat here wondering if she'll still be here when i get back.
I'm beside myself with worry.

Back