• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Run on Gravel?

nessar

Warren Veteran
Can I put a run on gravel? How would I protect buns feet when doing this?

Would cardboard on the floor be enough?

Could you put turf down on top of the gravel?

Nope, unfortunately its not my house, as I'll be staying with a friend. It cant be anything permenant as I'll only be there a month...

Good idea if it was my house though!

Yes, although it won't be particularly comfortable they will still be happy running around on it. Unless they have sore feet already they should be fine.

Yes, although it won't be particularly comfortable they will still be happy running around on it. Unless they have sore feet already they should be fine.

they dont have sore feet already but they are rexes so I'm a bit worried it will cause issues...

Could you just buy a groundsheet or 2 to put under the run? I bought a couple of groundsheets today from the 99p shop :) They're 1 meter x 2 meters. Using 1 to cover all the cables behind the TV as he keeps going to sit behind it!

Thanks for the ideas guys, I think I'm going to put cardboard on the floor to level it out a bit then a groundsheet if I can find one, or mats or blankets or something on top.... which will be fine unless it rains :? hmmmm....

How about some interlocking foam mats? Ive just got some for my lot as my floor is wooden and Im worried about Mimi getting sore hocks. Theyre really cheap and the buns love them. Theyre easy to assemble and clean and are pretty waterproof, although it would be easy to bring them in if it rains.
http://www.softtiles.com/

How about some interlocking foam mats? Ive just got some for my lot as my floor is wooden and Im worried about Mimi getting sore hocks. Theyre really cheap and the buns love them. Theyre easy to assemble and clean and are pretty waterproof, although it would be easy to bring them in if it rains.
http://www.softtiles.com/

brilliant idea! I think they have some in my local matalan....

thankyou!

Back