• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Bertie and Bluebell needed

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I text Debbie (purplebumble) to see how Bluebell is doing and she has said Bluebell is now home and recovering but Bertie has been very poorly. He lost the use of his back legs and it was thought he had a stroke but it is his pasturella flaring up and also arthritis.

He became very stressed while Bluebell was hospitalised.

He is on meds and has to go back to the vet on Tuesday when he may be PTS:(

Debbie has asked me to post and request vibes if anyone has any to spare.

Mega vibes for Bertie and Bluebell xxx

I hope Debbie is alright. She must be very very stressed. I reallly hope Bertie recovers and doesn't have to be pts.

I'm on leave this week so have offered to help but I think Debbie has it all under control. I will update this thread as soon as I know more.

I text Debbie for an update this evening.

Poor Bertie is sleepy and weak and not eating any pellets now:( but is nibbling hay and has eaten a third of a Weetabix. Bluebell is a nightmare to feed but she is running around the house, so seems better in herself.

Debbie is worried about Bertie's leg and is terrified he will have to be PTS because of it. If he does have a chance he will need antibiotics every three days and she has asked me to show her daughter how to do it, which I am more than happy to do. I've offered to help with syringe feeding too - it can't be easy with a large frenchie and her daughter has ME.

Her vet appointment is at 4.30 pm tomorrow so more vibes would be really appreciated.

Bertie is such a gentle cuddlebun - I love him. He is a real character and I so hope he will pull through this.

karen hun....thank you sooo much for putting threads up for me:love:

thank you very much for all the vibes....im sure they wouldnt have improved as much so fast xx

HOWEVER both of them arent eating like they should..but today have finally begun trying properly......after i bought a bag of oregano excel and use it as a teeny amount of topping...but slowly.

ive ordered the 50ml catheter tip syringes for feeding...but im not trying bluebell......shes moving fine and pooping..smallerthan usual but theres a steady supply:shock: bertie..not so much...but hes been up his doggy steps today to try and wake nikki up as i had a fit in my sleep:love:

the vet was stunned bertie had improved so much since he saw him saturday:shock:
the allomyacin jab...my last sachet of bisolvon....iced flannels on ears and the love of his woman..bluebell....hes improved soo much..his temps down to 39.1C....and he enjoyed eating the herbs i got....fresh growing basil, parsley he loved it.
this afternoon theyre both nibbling on some pellets at long long last!!

berties hind legs still really painful for him..he has problems getting up from sitting or laying down..its so bad sometimes i have to cringe..but he gets there and demands a nose rub:love:

the vet gave him a jab tuesday and said to play it by ear..if he got all snuffled and not able to breathe through his nose then bring him back for another jab on friday.

i know berties 7 now....and hes had a whole host of probs...which in hindsight are related to an infection long term..ie the pasturella....which hes had bloomin baytril for since willow died in oct 2008......and he had a corneal abrasion....an untreated undiagnosed rectal papilloma.....and bouts of fever and stasis...

hes seen different vets at different practices.....and i know hes on borrowed time...so i thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping extend the time a little bit more.
xxxxx

bluebell i am concerned for as shes had it quite a few times...but never as bad as last week..it was horrifying to see her so weak and limp..shes such a handful and before rescuing obviously wasnt handled much at all..so is a nightmare to cut nails...medicate her...etc..took 2 to panacur her:oops: but only one nurse to feed her every 2 hrs....with no struggle....no wonder they didnt rate her chances.

this time last week we were told shed got a very slim chance...wouldnt last the night.....:shock: the vet has photocopied her sisters necropsy results into bluebells notes......

i cant thank karen enough..bless you hun.....

and everyone whos helped. xx

If you need any help with anybun - or any cat - just text and I will do my best to come over in between clients. I sometimes think it is easier to medicate pets that aren't your own as you don't have the deep emotional bond and so can be more clinical. I found injecting a friend's cat a lot easier than doing one of mine - partly because mine play up more because it's me doing it!!!

My buns are better behaved when I hold them and my friend cuts their nails than when we tried it the other way around.

So glad your furry family are doing better.

karen hun you hit the nail on the head..emotional ties mean you freak out with your own..but dont think twice with someone elses.

ha ha ha id like to see you try medicate bluebell or clip her nails........:lol::lol:

thank you hun..i really appreciate that.

berties sneezing tonight.....i am keeping an eye on him.....

weird how this antbx jabs were given as needed....the depocillin was every 5 days for 6 weeks:shock:

Back