• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how many people on here worm their bunies?..

i allways see leaflets in my vets about the importance of it, and last time they suggested it to me..

how many people on here worm their rabbits?..

hmm, i may talk to my vet about it more.
ive heard alot of stories with buns developing EC. and it will be alot cheaper to worm them than vet bills!

I always give a new bun a 5day course, only had to give a 28 day course once. Given a 5 day course to a trio once as one of them had thread worms.

My vets only recommend it if one shows signs of ec or worms.

I don't. I check their poo's now and then instead. I may start to later on in life but atm I won't bother unless they need it.

I do after boarding them every year for 28 days. Its just for piece of mind in case they picked up anything whilst on their stay.

I have once, but ive always been told by my vet and a few members on here not to worm unless they need it or show symptoms of EC. Aparently its similar to antibiotics in that if they are given it when they dont need it, it may not be as effective if/when they do need it. If that makes sense :lol:

Hmm strange.

My vet didn't offer it as an option, it was a given. Only 4 month old, indoor rabbits.

9 Day course of Panacur - she said it also protects against an illness they can get from eating from their urine (is that EC? I forgot the name)

Just automatically gave it me and charged me, told me what to do. I didn't request it?

I have once, but ive always been told by my vet and a few members on here not to worm unless they need it or show symptoms of EC. Aparently its similar to antibiotics in that if they are given it when they dont need it, it may not be as effective if/when they do need it. If that makes sense :lol:

That's exactly what my vet told me too :wave:

I did do when I first got my buns, as the vet was trying to get me to have everything at the time - including xenex to prevent flystrike. But although I have a stock in the cupboard - that is only there for an emergency such as EC symptoms.

After finding tapeworms in my buns poo a few months ago and worming them for that, I think I'm going to regularly worm mine now. They're going into boarding in September when I'm on holiday, will worm them again when I'm home.

They're 5 years old now and I'm determined to keep them worm free! The tapeworms were disgusting :(

Back