• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After Neuter

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
Milo is going in for his neuter on Thursday but I wondered if I needed to restrict his space on Thursday night. At the moment he has a cage with a puppy pen extension. Also will he be ok with normal wood pellet litter or will it iritate his wound. Can you tell I am nervious about this? I am having second thoughts but my partner won't let me cancel the appointment again.

The vet who did Spenser's neuter told me he should be bedded on towels rather than his usual newspaper and hay. Your litter might be OK - check with the vet though. :wave:

Milo is going in for his neuter on Thursday but I wondered if I needed to restrict his space on Thursday night. At the moment he has a cage with a puppy pen extension. Also will he be ok with normal wood pellet litter or will it iritate his wound. Can you tell I am nervious about this? I am having second thoughts but my partner won't let me cancel the appointment again.

So long as he doesn't have any ramps to jump up he should be fine with the set up have for him :)

As for the wood pellet litter, I would just put newspaper and hay in his tray as the pellets might irritate him a bit.

Thanks :wave: He has to jump over the edge of the cage to get into and out of it. Will that be ok? I could take the puppy pen extension off for the night and put it back on first thing in the morning.

He doesn't have any hay for bedding. There is a fleece in the cage which he always pushes into the corner and he sleeps on the bare plastic :roll: In the puppy pen there is lino and a fleece on top.

I put towels down when Mylo had his and tried to keep as much hay away from the floor as possible, so that not much could stick to his wound. He was fine though, I was very worried, I even had the day off work so I could get him home, sooo glad I had him done though or i wouldnt have a friend for him now!

My OH is very resistant to getting Milo a girlfriend but I am working on him. Its my birthday in July and all I have asked for is another bunny :)

My OH is very resistant to getting Milo a girlfriend but I am working on him. Its my birthday in July and all I have asked for is another bunny :)

My husband was a bit against getting another until all of a sudden he changed his mind and said i could have one, i got another one for my birthday this year :D I am so glad i did!!!!

Thanks :wave: He has to jump over the edge of the cage to get into and out of it. Will that be ok? I could take the puppy pen extension off for the night and put it back on first thing in the morning.

He doesn't have any hay for bedding. There is a fleece in the cage which he always pushes into the corner and he sleeps on the bare plastic :roll: In the puppy pen there is lino and a fleece on top.

He should be fine to to jump over the edge of the crate don't worry about that. It is just with ramps they can stretch themselves to jump up or fall off them when they are still groggy from the GA :?

Back