• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for Poppy: stasis

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
Found my little lady very unhappy and not eating this morning. Just got back from emergency vets, where poor Poppy had to wait an hour to be seen :cry:. She's had Zantac, metacam, metocl'ide (not sure what that is it is written that way on the bill), and 'vetergesic'. We have to syringe her Zantac and recovery.

Vibes for my little girl...

P4130013.jpg

Lots of vibes for little Poppy (what a fluffball! :love:)

Metocl'ide will be Metoclopramide, which is a gut stimulant. Vetergesic is a brand name for Buprenorphine (I think) which is a painkiller.

Did the vet suggest infacol?

Thanks for the vibes.

No, the vet didn't mention infacol. What is this? We have to go back tomorrow if no improvement so maybe then?

She is currently looking a bit spaced out! Can those drugs do this?

Thanks for the vibes.

No, the vet didn't mention infacol. What is this? We have to go back tomorrow if no improvement so maybe then?

Vetergesic can, it is an opiate analgesic

I hope Poppy feels better soon. Try to get some fluids into her, even if she wont take syringed feeds.

Vetergesic can, it is an opiate analgesic

I hope Poppy feels better soon. Try to get some fluids into her, even if she wont take syringed feeds.

Thanks Jane,that would explain the glazed expression! I can tell she wants to eat now as she is sniffing everything and breaking up strands of hay with her mouth, but not yet eating it properly. She is also drinking on her own. Come on my little pop, please pull through.

Thanks for the vibes.

Infacol is a childrens medicine which reduces gas in the stomach, we were told to give it alongside metaclopramide, zantac and metacam when Oidhche-Velvet was in stasis. It seems to be used by quite a few members, but my experience with stasis buns is very limited so I can't tell you much about it. May be worth asking the vet about?

Vetergesic is an opioid so could certainly make her spaced out. :wave:

Infacol is a childrens medicine which reduces gas in the stomach, we were told to give it alongside metaclopramide, zantac and metacam when Oidhche-Velvet was in stasis. It seems to be used by quite a few members, but my experience with stasis buns is very limited so I can't tell you much about it. May be worth asking the vet about?

Vetergesic is an opioid so could certainly make her spaced out. :wave:

Thanks for the info. I will ask if we have to go back tomorrow. She is trying very hard now bless her, and eating a little :love: come on Poppy!

She just did a bunny 500! How random...it's like she suddenly got a new lease of life! Fingers crossed she will continue to feel better.

Back