• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Riley Trying To Jump Out Of Pen

abi2047

Mama Doe
Riley is in the puppy pen for the night in the front room so I can keep an eye on him without him wondering about and chewing wires etc. He keeps periscoping and putting his front paws on the bars trying to get out. How can I distract him from it?

Peg a sheet over the top maybe? If he can see that the 'roof exit' is blocked, he probably won't bother trying. :D

I use a blanket over pie. Use pegs or bulldog clips. Make sure it's taught in the middle so it won't droop. :wave:

My buns have never tried to jump out of their pen and they are quite big rabbits too.

When Blanche had her spay we moved her and Archie into the kitchen. We pegged a cover over the top of the pen to make sure that there were no escapes.

Following morning I came out of my room to find one of them sat on the landing and the other fast asleep on my bothers bed :roll: Turns out, after much observation, that they'd managed to get out by going under the pen. Archie figured that if he shoved his nose in between the panels he could lift it up and then Blanche could sneak under. Not entirely sure how he managed to get out though (never witnessed it, unless blanch returned the favour) but despite many efforts night after night they still managed to get out :lol:

When Blanche had her spay we moved her and Archie into the kitchen. We pegged a cover over the top of the pen to make sure that there were no escapes.

Following morning I came out of my room to find one of them sat on the landing and the other fast asleep on my bothers bed :roll: Turns out, after much observation, that they'd managed to get out by going under the pen. Archie figured that if he shoved his nose in between the panels he could lift it up and then Blanche could sneak under. Not entirely sure how he managed to get out though (never witnessed it, unless blanch returned the favour) but despite many efforts night after night they still managed to get out :lol:

I couldn't even imagine Bobby, my NZW lifting the one I have. It's really heavy.

Back