• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What age??

milly100

Alpha Buck
What age is the best age to sex baby bunnies?? The babies will be 5 wcks on Wednesday. Im going to get the vet to sex them as I don't trust my own judgement!!
Also when can I reintroduce the male with the female and her babies??

I'm adopting a 6 week old baby and she's female so I would say it is possible now but harder to tell. Not sure about other questions so wait until someone else answers I guess :)

Someone experienced could tell at 4-6 weeks. When Isabelle was bought into PACT we think she was about 4 weeks old and they told me there and then that she was a female... I couldn't tell, but the guys who had worked with bunnies for years and years could easily tell :)

So depends who you take it to, some who are not so experienced won't sex until at least 6 weeks of age.

from 2 weeks usually but thats only because working at a vets i saw alot of teeny babies.best age is about 4 weeks as will be able see clearly

Back