• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i over react so much :')

ok so a quick story of whats been happening,

the other morning i went out and snow had a big chunk of her own fur in her mouth and she wasnt letting it go there was loads i pulled tons out of her mouth.

then just then i went out and she had a hudge chunk of hay in her mouth just sat with it in her mouth not eating it. and again i had to pull it out.

i just noticed under one of her arms and abit on her chest shes almost bald.

im sat inside with her on my lap my mum was looking at her and said whats that and again she had a massive clump of hair coming out her mouth that wasn't their 2 mins ago and she hasnt just taken it off herself.

im paniking (like usual)

please anyone what is happening!?

btw: other than all that shes eating drinking and acting normal.

Last edited:
Shes making a nest with hay and fur. Is she speyed and has she come into contact with an entire male at all?

shes not no, shes booked in on the 6th of june when shes old enough.

why would she be having like fur bals?
pulling out her own fur?
olding hay in her mouth?

Because they use fur to build a nest to keep the babies warm. The same with hay, they build a nest out of it. It is common for unspayed girls to have phantom pregnancies. Is it possible she actually is pregnant?

Because they use fur to build a nest to keep the babies warm. The same with hay, they build a nest out of it. It is common for unspayed girls to have phantom pregnancies. Is it possible she actually is pregnant?

ohh god, it must be that. no shes deffinitly not pregnant thumpers been done.
my poor little lady im ringing the vets and making her spay for tuesday instead of june 6th my parents are going to pay.

thankyou im not panicking now:lol:

The fur isn't coming out of her mouth :wave: she will be plucking it from herself :) it's ok though it's a natural thing for her to do .. she will mix it with hay and make a nice snuggly nest :D

does everyone think shes ok to stay with thumper till tuesday? or should i seperate her?

As long as he has been deplumbed for at least 6 weeks she will be fine :wave:

One of mine still makes nests now and then.. even though she is done and so are all the others she lives with

As long as he has been deplumbed for at least 6 weeks she will be fine :wave:

One of mine still makes nests now and then.. even though she is done and so are all the others she lives with

It will be 10 weeks by now that he would have had to be neutered for if she had come towards the end of pregnancy.

If there is no chance she could be pregnant, she can stay in with Thumper.

Back