• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please, Riley has eaten something he shouldn't have

abi2047

Mama Doe
Please dont jump on me. Riley ate some of the lobeila leaves earlier when mum put them on the step outside. What should I do with Riley? Should I ring the vets and ask them if they want to see him? He's indoors at the moment and is acting fine, he's a bit more energetic. Keeps jumping on and off the sofa for cuddles. He's eating fine and drinking fine. :?

Last edited:
how many leaves?

if he seems okay I think he will be, but I would ring the emergency vets to ask their advice, a phone call costs nothing.

I'm not what that is :? How long ago did he eat them? Is he showing any signs of illness?

He must of ate them this morning because mum only told me a few hours ago but she found out when she put the washing out this morning. He is acting completely fine, in fact he's acting better! He's more energetic and friendly.

how many leaves?

if he seems okay I think he will be, but I would ring the emergency vets to ask their advice, a phone call costs nothing.

I don't know tbh. I think it was about 10 small ones. I'm not sure because I didn't see how many there were before.

He has both ears down like a lop which is unusual for him as he always has 1 uppy ear. Is this an illness sign? :?

I definately go to the vets if you are worried- if anyone tells you not to and something happens- you'll never forgive us :)

Hope he's okay xxx

If it was one of my two id give a vets a quick ring for advice, atleast it will put your mind at rest and they may give you some advice too :) try not to panic the vets will know what to do :) xx

Please dont jump on me. Riley ate some of the lobeila leaves earlier when mum put them on the step outside. What should I do with Riley? Should I ring the vets and ask them if they want to see him? He's indoors at the moment and is acting fine, he's a bit more energetic. Keeps jumping on and off the sofa for cuddles. He's eating fine and drinking fine. :?

ETA - changed the title because no doubt I'll get more replies this way.

ok firstly,putting a title like that is going to get peoples backs up. i appriciate you have had a hard time with peoples views but why fan the fire :roll: you are just going to provoke and that's just as bad as people 'jumping on you'

as for riley, i would give the vets a quick ring and see what they say. it will put your mind at rest :wave:

ok firstly,putting a title like that is going to get peoples backs up. i appriciate you have had a hard time with peoples views but why fan the fire :roll: you are just going to provoke and that's just as bad as people 'jumping on you'

as for riley, i would give the vets a quick ring and see what they say. it will put your mind at rest :wave:

I posted that title because I know i'll get more replies this why, like I said in the first post. What do you want me to put the title as?

He has both ears down like a lop which is unusual for him as he always has 1 uppy ear. Is this an illness sign? :?

Eddie had ears like Riley's, his uppy ear would randomly lop for no apparent reason so IMO, it's not a sign of illness.

I'm sure his tum will be fine, I'd give him some extra hay and water to keep his gut moving.

:wave:

I posted that title because I know i'll get more replies this why, like I said in the first post. What do you want me to put the title as?

but why would you think you will get more replies???
i would have put something like, 'advice needed, riley has eaten something he shouldn't have' :wave:

Maybe try putting it as 'Help please, Riley has eaten something he shouldn't have' Or something like that?

Hope he will be ok, maybe try ringing the vets for advice :wave:

Eddie had ears like Riley's, his uppy ear would randomly lop for no apparent reason so IMO, it's not a sign of illness.

I'm sure his tum will be fine, I'd give him some extra hay and water to keep his gut moving.

:wave:

I'm going to keep him indoors for as long as possible, but hopefully mum will let me keep him in for the night. I've never seen his ears like this before but hopefully it's normal.

Is he a good hay eater? This should get things moving through, how's his poo's? Beano has eaten something she shouldn't have before and she's a good hay eater and after an hour or so her poo's went back to normal after being small and dark :wave:

Is he a good hay eater? This should get things moving through, how's his poo's? Beano has eaten something she shouldn't have before and she's a good hay eater and after an hour or so her poo's went back to normal after being small and dark :wave:

His poo's are normal, he's wee'd in the past hour so that's a good sign. He's quite a good hay eater and has been eating hay within the past hour.

Is good that he's pooing and peeing normally, hopefully he'll be fine. :) but I'd phone the vet, see what they say. better safe than sorry! :) xx

Back