• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jack is extra destructive today! Advice please

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
He has chewed chunks out of the banister posts, carpet, wall, skirting board, hubbys shoes, the cuff of hubbys shirt, the rug! This is all today! He likes to chew but today has been excessive. Hubby is not impressed :( any advice to help protect my house lol?

Last edited:
Woops! Unlucky!

Is he a single bunny? He might be bored - Did you try willow sticks and willow toys?

They can chew and eat them - my two weren't interested in them for ages, but suddenly took to them and love sitting chewing them.

I also got a hay ball today - bigger than the rabbits! It's made from willow and filled with hay so they can roll it around and eat it.

Also, when I feed them, get one of the balls which you put food in - then when they roll it, bits drop out.

It may just be a case of keeping him entertained.

How old is he? You could try getting some panels, and bunny proofing areas, but it sounds like areas which can't sensibly be bunny proofed.

Hope he chills out!

He has tunnels, willow balls, chew toys, shredded paper etc. We get him new toys every week or so to give him variety! He has free run of the house so lots to explore lol. He is a lone bun just now. He is almost 4months old so he will be bonded once he's neutered! Maybe he had an extra batch of hormones today! thanks for replying.

Try taking away his toys and just giving him a few. I find they're only interested in the ones with food in anyway - so I roll some in the pellets so they smell nice haha!

My 2 have just taken a liking to the phone line :-s

Did we see pictures of Jack? I can't remember! What breed is he? x

edit - found pics - he's gorgeous!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, will try that! He loves hay so will hide that in a few toys. He chewed the phone charger in our bedroom so is now banned from going in there lol. Thanks, he is so cute! Such a cheeky wee face!

Back