• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Bunnie/ UD has a name and new pics

Fifibutton

Wise Old Thumper
I went to Paws Here again after not having much luck last week in my quest for a husbun for Maisie. However today I took her in to meet some boys in the bonding pen. She was put in with a little man called Darcy, (he looks like a Himalayan to me) and they hit it off :love: So he is now home with me. He'd been there since October last year so its about time he has a forever home. They have so many lovely bunnies there, I wish I could have taken them all.

He is yet to be neutered (Maisie is) so I shall be bonding them very slowly because of course my house is Maisie's territory and of course he will need recovery time on his own after de-plumming.

Anyway I'm really happy with him and Paws Here is a fantastic rescue, they have lots of bunnies just now and have quite a long waiting list so anyone in and around Edinburgh wanting a rabbit should go there. The staff are really friendly and helpful and know their bunnies (they also have piggies and rats) and they are always on hand for advice and help with bonding. I'm definatly going to be adopting from them in the future as they are much more one and one and knowledgable than the SSPCA.

So here is me new little boy :love:

Ooh and I don't really like the name Darcy :oops: so if anyone has any name suggestions I'd be extremly grateful :)

IMG_2850.jpg

Last edited:
:love::love::love::love::love:
I'm rubbish with names..but my sister just walked past and said 'awwww..he looks like a tunnocks teacake once you've ate all the chocolate off, he'd suit the name Teacake!' My sister's weird :lol:xx

Is the stuff inside a teacake Marshmallow? I like the name Mallow for him, and it could be shortened to Mal. Mal 'n' Maisie ...has a nice ring!

I know him!:love: I volunteer there, he's a lovely wee chap. Sending bonding vibes :)
I adopted Mischief (Poppy) from there on Wednesday :)

I know him!:love: I volunteer there, he's a lovely wee chap. Sending bonding vibes :)
I adopted Mischief (Poppy) from there on Wednesday :)

Aww fab :D They told me he is very laid back and that everyone loves him and will be shocked to find him gone :oops: :lol: There was a gorgeous Dutch there with blue eyes that I had my eye on too.

Thanks you for all the suggestions ladies, I'm still not sure yet. My OH suggested Orpheus which I kind of like. But then I think he might suit a lunar type of name because he is moon coloured. I love choosing names but this is tricky.

Aww fab :D They told me he is very laid back and that everyone loves him and will be shocked to find him gone :oops: :lol: There was a gorgeous Dutch there with blue eyes that I had my eye on too.

:lol: That's true! Was that Chris? He's one of my favourites :oops::love: Did you see the grey and white bunny, Toby with his wifey, Hope? I fostered him last year :)

:lol: That's true! Was that Chris? He's one of my favourites :oops::love: Did you see the grey and white bunny, Toby with his wifey, Hope? I fostered him last year :)

I think it was Chris, his cage was under Micah's, he looked gorgeous.

Toby and Hope were playing in a huge pen when I walked in. I saw Toby on the site a few weeks ago and loved him :love: There were so many big bouncy bunnies, I wanted to take them all home.

Darcy (for now) is currently nomming hay and he is being a little shy. In Paws Here he was much friendlier, bless him.

Ok its taken a while but we now have a name, please meet cute little Bilbo :)

Bilbo29thMay201132.jpg

Bilbo29thMay201119.jpg

Bilbo29thMay20111.jpg

He is settling in well but has slightly sore hocks as he likes to sit in his wee and he may have syphilis. There is a little white pustule near his tiddler so I shall mention this to the vet on tomorrow. Other than that he is fine. He has the hugest plums for such a wee bunnie but not for long :lol:

Back