• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jane rabbit rescue, urgent fundraiser

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Julia123

I am posting on behalf of Janes Rabbit Rescue in Warwickshire. On 27th May 2011 we managed to get the final 4 bunnies out of 19 out of a hell hole. The premises were un-manned and visited periodically. It an ex breeder situation.

We took the bunnies from rat and mouse infested breeder hutches, some only 2ft x 2ft. The bunnies conditions vary from severe mites, mouth ulcers, over grown teeth to one beautiful angel who was being kept for meat who has a broken foot, sore hocks, eye and nail bed infections and is 3 times her natural body weight.

All bunnies are now safe, but will require vast funds to support veterinary bills for treatment and eventual neuter and vaciination (a long way off for most). Can you spare even £1? Whatever you can donate will go directly to support the veterinary treatment which we estimate to be in the region of £3,000 minimum.

If you feel you can help please donate via paypal to fundraising@janesrabbitrescue.co.uk we and the bunnies will be eternally grateful.

Many Thanks

Julia

I get paid on Tues and will send a donation then.

Well done to all involved, it sounds harrowing and I wish all the buns lots of recovery vibes :cry:

Anything you could give would be so appreciated by Jane. This lady is a true gem and works tirlessly for those buns in her care. I know it would give her a real boost just to know you are thinking of her and the buns. :D

Thank you so much to all who have donated :love:

Sorry to have taken so long to add to this, but been doing some running around.

The place these poor babies came from can only be described as hell :cry: Jane Dexter is way over limit and has been setting up extra housing anywhere she can. As you can imagine its a strain for any rescue, but for one with no fundraising scheme it hits hard.

The bunnies are all settled, and content and learning what space, clean water, hay and safety from mice & rats is all about.

I will update more and post pictures as soon as I can. I have three of them here with me.

Bless you all for helping, any other fundraising ideas or initiatives would be gratefully received.

Thanks again :love::wave:

I'll be sending some money over next week :wave: I agree with Julia she does a wonderful job. If anyone is thinking of adopting from Jane she has some beautiful bunnies at the moment :wave:

What about a naming fundraiser I know its been done before but seemed popular. I'm happy to donate some sort of prize.

Thank you Hurricanehoney :love: Indeed anyone looking for a bunny to adopt then please get in touch, increaseing the re-homing of the existing bunnies will certainly help. Please feel free to PM or e-mail me - julia@dandyboxdesign.co.uk with any adoption enquiries. Jane & Alan are particularly good at finding good matches and making sure bunnies get the right home.

On the naming, yes a good idea but the little guys have been named already. :)

Just thought I'd give an update, all the bunnies continuing to do well, vet treatment is ongoing and their conditions vary immensly! Less than two weeks ago they were living in 2ft hutches infested with mice and rats.

I have three of the healthyiest bunnies in fosters with me at the moment - pics below

Roma - a very very nervous girl, is overweight and has overgrown front teeth and suspected back teeth. Is booked in to see vet. Has gone from complete listlessness and fear to accepting dandelions from my hand :love:

DSC_1856.jpg

Lucca - has been vet checked due to the growths under his chin, abcess or infection has been ruled out. He is the cheekiest of the clan, now binkies and nudges for nose rubs :love:

DSC_1857.jpg

Florence - was possibly the most nervous bunny I ever met, and has astounded me with her trust and progress! Within days she went from running from any contact to loving cuddles and nose rubs - still stamps for effect :lol::love:

DSC_1865.jpg

All three are now eating when their food is put down and poos have nearly doubled in size!!

As I mentioned Jane is doing the hardest work and caring for the sickest bunnies. We don't feel it is right or dignified to post pictures of these guys. Please, if you can spare even a pound to help with vet fees it would be most appreciated. Please donate via paypal to fundraising@janesrabbitrescue.co.uk

Thank You xxx

:cry: Heartbreaking.

Those three you have there are gorgeous little darlings Julia.

I've sent a small donation just now.

What little darlings. I have just sent some money over. Are there any medical items Jane needs. I have still got syringes here if she needs them. I could pop some in the post as I am not going up for a while :wave:

i hope that all of the bunnies flourish:)

lovely to see the 3 with you learning that life ain't so bad after all:love:

Donation just sent Julia, will send some more as and when I can. Vibes for the 19 buns, glad they are safe with Jane now! x

Thank you so much Emma & Alison!!! Again many thanks to everyone else who has donated!!

Emma, thanks for the offer I will ask Jane :wave:

Tuckerbunnies yes that little Florence :love: she has actually been reserved pending full exam, neuter and bond :D

Poppymoon, thank you - it is so very rewarding!

Back