• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grinding teeth when getting stroked??

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
just sat stroking JaJa for past half hour, he started grinding his teeth :shock: so i popped him back on the floor to have a run around, wasnt sure if this ment that he was getting angry with me :?

In my understanding, it's a good sign, a bit like purring. Means they're relaxed and happy with being fussed over. Hopefully someone can confirm this?

It means he liked it. :love::love: Rabbits tooth purr when they're happy (a gentle grinding)

They can also grind their teeth when they're in pain - it's usually quite easy to tell the difference by their behaviour at the time though.

aww ok. Dont think he is in pain by the way he is zooming around the room :lol:

My first bun Milly didnt use to lick or grinde her teeth so im unsure whats going on when JaJa does it.

Thanks folks :D

No that's a sound of sheer contentment :)
if he was sat hunched up and grinding his teeth that's different that's a sign that there is something wrong and he is in pain.

Back