• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you think of this boarding place?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Please give your opinions on this boarding place, for guineas and bunnies. I may be going away for three nights this winter, if I cannot find suitable places for all my pets to stay, stuggling with the rats and frogs and I am scared of leaving the buns incase something goes wrong then I will stay at home with them, I might be doing that anyway but just looking at boarding places, this place looks good, what do you think? :wave: x

http://www.critter-comforts.co.uk/index.html

Looks good, I'd see what sizes they can offer with the hutch+attached run if I were you.

I would request that they are not put in the grass runs though, as they cant be disinfected between users so can pass on nasties... check they disinfect the normal runs between users too. I would also enquire about what steps they would take to prevent referred aggression from the buns being able to see neighbours in the play pens.

Looks like they know about bunny care though. But is there a specific reason you dont want to leave them, are they unhealthy buns? If so I'd board with a rescue so you KNOW they are experienced should anything happen.

I was concerned about boarders being able to see eachother too. Because it'll be in winter the buns won't be allowed on the grass, they'll be in the indoor (in an outbuilding) play pens. I'm worried about leaving them just because I'm quite obsessive about them and how they'd be looked after, I can't help but thinking something will go wrong whilst I'm away. Both are healthy I believe but Gordon has been in stasis twice now, and I'm sure I'm worrying unneccesarily but I can't help but think he's sensitive and this will set him off. Even though his stasis episodes haven't been related to any movements or changes, he's fine when he travelled hours to get here, when he was moved about and during bonding etc. There isn't any rescues close by to me though, Gordon came from honeybunnies in leicestershire because they rehome nationally (and I fell in love with the little man!:love:) Thankyou for your opinions :)

I was concerned about boarders being able to see eachother too. Because it'll be in winter the buns won't be allowed on the grass, they'll be in the indoor (in an outbuilding) play pens. I'm worried about leaving them just because I'm quite obsessive about them and how they'd be looked after, I can't help but thinking something will go wrong whilst I'm away. Both are healthy I believe but Gordon has been in stasis twice now, and I'm sure I'm worrying unneccesarily but I can't help but think he's sensitive and this will set him off. Even though his stasis episodes haven't been related to any movements or changes, he's fine when he travelled hours to get here, when he was moved about and during bonding etc. There isn't any rescues close by to me though, Gordon came from honeybunnies in leicestershire because they rehome nationally (and I fell in love with the little man!:love:) Thankyou for your opinions :)

Ask to go visit and discuss the possibility of having boards between the pens so they cant see each other. They are bound to have come accross an unneutered buck or something that needed it because of aggression/spraying the next inhabitants.

Ask to go visit and discuss the possibility of having boards between the pens so they cant see each other. They are bound to have come accross an unneutered buck or something that needed it because of aggression/spraying the next inhabitants.

Thanks, I will ask that :)

Back