• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New buns

katie85

Young Bun
Hi, I just want to say I got a new bunny today from a rescue, hes adorable!!! He's 5 months old and was neutered 2 weeks ago. My other bun is A little 12 weeks old doe and hasn't been done yet as too young.
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations as to when to try bonding them?
Any help would be appreciated.
Also does anyone know how to upload pics using their phone??

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello! Congratulations on your new rescue bun. Can't wait to see the pics. You need to set up a photo bucket account to embed pictures.

Hopefully someone will come along soon who knows more about bonding than me. You should certainly wait until your other bunny has been neutered though and had a chance to recover fully.
:)

As your other bun is a girl you must wait 6 weeks after the op before you introduce them to prevent the risk of a pregnacey

Neutering early stops hormonal behaviour developing and becoming a habit.so do get your doe speyed...remember to intoduce in neutral ground

Do you mean how do you introduce them? Do you have a room in your house where neither of the buns has been as you'll need to do it in an area that is neutral (ie not on their territory)? You'll need a fairly small area. Some people use the bath tub! If you got your bun from a rescue, they may be able to offer a bonding service for you?

Eta there are a lot of threads about bonding on here, so if you do a search you will get loads of good advice from previous posts :D

Last edited:
How old does she need to be to get spayed? I will do it as early as possible! I'm so happy with the buns, they both have lovely temperaments and love cuddles!! Just can't wait till they are able to cuddle each other

Bunnies in love is the best thing ever. :)
Is there any way you can have their two cages or houses next to each other so they are separated by mesh but can still see and smell each other? That will make bonding them a lot easier as they'll already be used to each other.

Do you mean how do you introduce them? Do you have a room in your house where neither of the buns has been as you'll need to do it in an area that is neutral (ie not on their territory)? You'll need a fairly small area. Some people use the bath tub! If you got your bun from a rescue, they may be able to offer a bonding service for you?

Eta there are a lot of threads about bonding on here, so if you do a search you will get loads of good advice from previous posts :D

Sorry I meant how to open up a photo bucket account lol x

Bunnies in love is the best thing ever. :)
Is there any way you can have their two cages or houses next to each other so they are separated by mesh but can still see and smell each other? That will make bonding them a lot easier as they'll already be used to each other.

Both their cages are next to each other and they seem to be getting on ok, laying next to eachother and sniffing each other through the cages :))

Girlie bun will be about 6 months when she's ready to be spayed, maybe slightly earlier if she's bigger. You'll need to wait 6 weeks after her spay to ensure her hormones will have calmed down, and her wound is properly healed, before introducing them.

Well done for rescuing - that's a lovely thing to do! :D

Last edited:
image.jpg

This is Monty, my little boy who has recently been nuteured. :D

Hi katie, both your buns are georgeous! :love:. can i ask which rescue you got monty from, i got a rescue bunny last weekend and there was a little bun just like monty who had just been neuterd there. i remember coz he looks like my mowgli. XX

Hi katie, both your buns are georgeous! :love:. can i ask which rescue you got monty from, i got a rescue bunny last weekend and there was a little bun just like monty who had just been neuterd there. i remember coz he looks like my mowgli. XX

It was one in Leigh on sea in essex. He's adorable.
They seem to be ok in their seprate cages next to eachother bit today I had monty in his cage and let Milly hop around outside his cage and he was thumping his foot and they seemed to be boxing through the cage... Why would this be, does this mean it's going to be difficult to bond them. I'm so worried they won't get on :(

It was one in Leigh on sea in essex. He's adorable.
They seem to be ok in their seprate cages next to eachother bit today I had monty in his cage and let Milly hop around outside his cage and he was thumping his foot and they seemed to be boxing through the cage... Why would this be, does this mean it's going to be difficult to bond them. I'm so worried they won't get on :(

I thought he was the little chap i'd seen at wendy's! :love: i had fidget one of the five little girls she had there, she's :love:. Dont worry to much about the thumping etc.... my other buns used to do it when thay first saw my other bun in his run now thay lay next to him!! their just getting used to each other thay usually calm down after a while. X

Arrr she is fantastic, if I do have problems bonding them she said to take them up to her and shel do it :)
If I get anymore buns I will def always go back to her and rescue

Last edited:
Arrr she is fantastic, if I do have problems bonding them she said to take them up to her and shel do it :)
If I get anymore buns I will def always go back to her and rescue

wendy is lovely, she helped me with bonding as i wasnt keen to do it myself,
i took mowgli to leigh on sea with me and we did a bit of bonding there, we went off and had lunch then went back to pick him and fidge up. if you are worried at all take them both back to her she'll help you. i find with bonding the more anxious you are the rabbits pick up on it. wendy wasnt anxious at all!!!
Good luck with it all let me know how your getting on. XX

Back