• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo booked for his neuter

MilosMummy

Mama Doe
He is booked in for Thursday and I am so nervous! He is a healthy bunny but GA scares me. Going to need organise loads to do on Thursday to keep my mind occupied.

My other concern is when he gets home. Milo is the type of bunny that would pull his stitches. How do I stop this from happening? Also will the vet get him eating again or will I have to do that at home and stay up all night to keep an eye on him?

Good luck Milo. :wave: Spenser just had two incisions (presumably another way of describing stitches), and they were the dissolvable type - didn't seem to trouble him. You should send a packed lunch of his favourite noms in with him, which he will hopefully eat soon after coming round. I kept Spenser in overnight, but I think Milo is a house bunny so he will be in his normal surroundings?

Thanks Susie. I will send him a packed lunch :) He is a house bunny so no worries there.

Did Spenser settle down a lot after the op or is he still the same bunny? I don't want this to alter Milo's personality as I love him to bits just the way he is. But I want him to be less agressive with me when I try to pick him up to check him over.

Spenser is easier to catch and carry than before, but not at all keen on being checked over. :roll: He seems to consider that region - even without plums - as being none of my business! :no:

Back