• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sandpit ??

sadly, play sand has silica, which is a human cartogen (sp?). it would also cause cancer in other mammals, I think. So that includes your bunny.

Other sands, like Chinchilla sand, have silica too. Only safe sand I know of is Aragonite sand (its calcium based) Its good, might be expensive for a big sandbox though. Or you could use potting soil.

I used soil that mum was going to throw out. They had it for 3 days before i got rid of it. I tried to sift through it to get rid of any poos, and there were flies all over :shock: :? I felt awful though, Marley loved rolling and lying in it :love:

I had thought about sand too, is sand off the beach safe? :oops:

I wouldn't use sand, if it goes in the eyes etc it could be very dangerous, stick to using good old mud from the garden for a digging box.:)

I wouldn't use sand, if it goes in the eyes etc it could be very dangerous, stick to using good old mud from the garden for a digging box.:)

I didn't know this!

BTW, Peaches-, on this forum, you are going to find a lot of 'identical twins' of your black and white!! I already have! Snap!

Back