• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lilac Butterfly .. WHAT TO DO ?

peaches-

Young Bun
So i deffiently want to take the baby lilac home but i dnt think my O.H will be very happy if i do what do i do :shock: hes gorgeous shall i email and say i want or not ??
what would you do ??
x

:wave:
I've got a lilac butterfly :)

Have you and your oh discussed it beforehand?
My oh and I spent a good month talking about all the details before we got our 2, like vet bills, feeding etc

Aww :) .. we already have 2 buns a blue fox mini lop and a blue butterfly mini lop so i dont think cost we be to big of an issue as he will just slot in and bond hopefully with the other 2.
obviously neutering costs will come into it at some point but im quite happy to pay for that.
i may just email and see if hes still avalible what do u think ?
x

Aww :) .. we already have 2 buns a blue fox mini lop and a blue butterfly mini lop so i dont think cost we be to big of an issue as he will just slot in and bond hopefully with the other 2.
obviously neutering costs will come into it at some point but im quite happy to pay for that.
i may just email and see if hes still avalible what do u think ?
x

:wave: I've missed your story somewhere, is this a rescue rabbit your referring to? Will you be able to house the newby with the others straight away or do you have some temporary accomodation for the new one to settle in for a while?

hopefully its a rescue bun you are talking about:D
but wherever it comes from remember there is a chance she won't bond with your two..so you must have room to keep her seperately..hopefully with a partner of her own..if it doesn't work out

No unfortunetly he's not a rescue but will probaly go 2 a pet shop if someone dosent take him :( .. And yes I have more than enough accommodation baby will be separated from older 2 and then introduced during playtime and hopefully all will go well if I get him fingers crossed :) x

No unfortunetly he's not a rescue but will probaly go 2 a pet shop if someone dosent take him :( .. And yes I have more than enough accommodation baby will be separated from older 2 and then introduced during playtime and hopefully all will go well if I get him fingers crossed :) x

I would definately get baby checked and vaccinated/neutered before introducing to an already established pair, will give him chance to get a bit bigger aswell. Remember playtime needs to be a 'neutral' area to all the rabbits or they may become territorial and see baby as an invader to warn off.:)

Back