• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sticky up ears or lop ears....which copes best with hot weather?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
Just wondering whether sticky up earred bunnies are better at dissipating heat through their ears, more so than lop eared bunnies.

All these reports saying that we are due to have a real scorcher of a summer have got me thinking.

Don't like the heat................:evil:

Last edited:
Hmmmm - good question. *thinks*.............I would say "yes" because on an uppy-eared bun, the ear has air freely circulating all around it. Whereas a lop has its ear placed flat against the side of its head.

Hmmmm - good question. *thinks*.............I would say "yes" because on an uppy-eared bun, the ear has air freely circulating all around it. Whereas a lop has its ear placed flat against the side of its head.

My thoughts exactly.

Whatever type of ears of the bunnies, let's hope that the summer does not turn out to be a scorcher.

My thoughts exactly.

Whatever type of ears of the bunnies, let's hope that the summer does not turn out to be a scorcher.

I will have to put ice packs back in the hutch wrapped in tea towels! :lol:

Zoidberg spent a lot of last year sat on the teatowel! I think we are in for a hot summer though :(

I've got a fan I can put by the playpen for mine when I'm not at home :)
The idea of leaving my windows open and flies getting in freaks me out too much :oops:

I'd think so, it's the highest place on an up eared bun and they're ears are more 'out in the open' :lol:

Back