• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My friend has to rehome her bunny :(

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
I put a sad face mainly because I am sad for Maddie (bunny) that because my friend's mom doesn't like her she has to go.
Apparently a vet wants her but I still wish she would reconsider. Or even consider rehoming through a rescue. Not putting her in a rescue but offering to foster until they can find a suitable home because I don't think they know what a suitable home is for Maddie.
Maddie is "aggressive" but I would say she is "hutch aggressive". She's an indoor bun but she's in her hutch 80% of the time. And it is not a big hutch. Maybe 5x2, one level. She has a run but it isn't attached and I don't think she gets put in it very often.
She's also not spayed.
She's alone, she is hormonal, and she's probably got cabin fever. I wish I could just shake both my friend and her mom and tell them WHY Maddie is so reluctant with people. No one is speaking up for Maddie in this situation. No one.
I just hope that the new owner has decent accommodation and will love Maddie as much as I secretly do (she's a beautiful smoky lionhead)

Argh, if she were spayed and Buckley were ready to be neutered I would have her in a heartbeat.

Is there no way you could take her and keep her until they are spayed/neutered

I wish I could but I just can't afford two single buns at the moment unfortunately, I feel terrible but I just can't. I've given her the link to rabbitrehome.org so she can get some information about rehoming etc. I hope she looks at it and does the best thing for Maddie (rehoming through people who know what they're doing).

Could you ask her to spay the rabbit and keep her until Buckley may be ready to bond? If you're wanting her, that is.

Back