• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

buns have just eaten through the entire cord of the lawnmower..

Candiflare

Mama Doe
...obviously it wasn;t plugged in.

The cord is ruined, OH is going to kill me.

Is it possible to have lawnmowers rewired?

Last edited:
I will be watching this carefully as a very similar incident has occured at our house too!! I've not mowed the lawn yet at all this year :oops: Hooray for having 10 rabbits and 8 guinea pigs, they have become my new furry mowers!! :lol:

Where on the wire is it?

I've rewired all sorts of things bunnies have chewed through.

I cut through the wire on my lawn mower with a strimmer :oops: I just cut 2 inches out of the cable, rewired it, electrical tape, and its still working now :wave:

ooo i feel for you lol, Buster nibbled my OH's laptop wire, headphone wire and phone charger all in one go... my OH went ballistic at me

Oh dear. :shock: Not a good start to the weekend. I wouldn't know where to start, but from the other posts it seems there is hope. :)

Ohhhhh the loys of bunny-ownership!

Rolo has cost us a fortune in new wires for various items....laptop x3, new phone x6, mobile charger x4, WII sensor wire x3, various extension cables, xmas tree lights. Not to mention we have no back on the sofa, no carpet in any corner of the house and the first foot of all the rooms have no wallpaper (it must taste nice! lol)

Everytime he munches, chews or rips...hubby screeches he must live outside. Needles to say after 8 months, Rolo is still a house-bun. If bun goes..I move into hutch with him!!:lol: And no more cooking, cleaning or general dogs-bodying!

Rach x

Just a question.

I'm always worried that if my bunnies chew through wires they will ge electrocuted, how come this doesn't happen?

Has everybody been lucky and had the appliance etc switched off at the time of the nibbling?

Just a question.

I'm always worried that if my bunnies chew through wires they will ge electrocuted, how come this doesn't happen?

Has everybody been lucky and had the appliance etc switched off at the time of the nibbling?

There have been cases of rabbits being electrocuted when they've chewed through cables.

Cables for stuff like speakers or to recharge batteries don't have the high voltage current running through them, so are much safer.

Oh I see thank you, I always wondered because I am always so paranoid but it seems quite common place.

Just a question.

I've had things switched on when cables have been nibbled. Bunny looked ok! Obviously I wouldn't recommend it though!

You can buy a connector that will allow you to safely join two pieces of cable together - they're only a few quid.

I have one on my sewing machine, one on my fridge, one on my hedge trimmers.....

Try and contact the manufacturer and see if they do it or recommend someone. My lot chewed through the dyson vacuum wire and dyson sent out one of their men to replace the wire.

Im sure there must be a way to change the damaged cord.:wave:
Its not like you have to buy a new lawnmower just because the cord get some damage?:roll:

oh dear! :no::no::no: naughty bunsters

I've lost count of the things my terrible two have chewed through :lol:

storm even managed to move the barrier, which was there to protect the air con in their room ( I know, I have spoilt buns :lol:) just so he could chew the wire:shock: luckily it was not plugged in and the bite was close to the plug so I could just chop the end off and re plug

Back