• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those of us who doubt.............

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
For those of us who from time to time who doubt our capabilities as bunny owners.

I am sure that I am not alone in questioning whether or not I am offering my bunnies the best possible life.

I like to think that I am but, it doesn't do any harm just reassessing.

Well, having just read about Victor a beautiful 6/7 year old entire buck having lived all of his life in a 3' hutch/coffin......................my doubts have totally disappeared. He is up for rehoming. Have a peek in Rehoming section. He is beautiful.

Stories such as this are very sad but, can put a positive perspective on what we do as owners.

Victor's life is just starting.............be it a little late!!!:love::love::love:

Last edited:
Poor Victor i am sure he will find a loving new home xx

i constantly doubt myself,but i have to remember i have only had Minnie for 2 weeks today,just now i am sat here worried because shes sat in her bed.
But i know in my head the doors open she can come out whenever she pleases and she has been out twice this morning and had a good old run about so she prob having a rest.
xx

Poor Victor i am sure he will find a loving new home xx

i constantly doubt myself,but i have to remember i have only had Minnie for 2 weeks today,just now i am sat here worried because shes sat in her bed.
But i know in my head the doors open she can come out whenever she pleases and she has been out twice this morning and had a good old run about so she prob having a rest.
xx

It is most probably time for a daytime doze. :love::love:

Welcome to the world of bunny ownership.

I have owned bunnies for 16 years and still doubt myself from time to time.

Thank goodness for the forum to keep me grounded.

Noserubs to little Minnie and best wishes to you.

i dare not look at the in need section at the moment as i know i'd be upset as i have the love, time and space for more buns but really can't afford any further vets bills.

my 2 never have any space restraints so to think of that poor bun living in a box makes me feel sick:(

i hope they all find loving forever homes.

That poor bunny :(.

I think it's positive to doubt yourself as it means that you are not complacent and are always striving to learn more and do more for your buns whilst continuing to do your best for them. It's those who think they know it all and don't want to learn more or change anything that often are the ones providing sub-standard care.

My Lola came from the same situation. She sat in her 3ft coffin alone for four years before her owners gave her to p@h adoption. She was massively over weight and very withdrawn. She was very unsure of human contact too. With me she has a loving home, free range of the flat and a good diet. I know im not letting her down because she is so much better off but i always feel like im letting my other bunny down :( Buster is much younger and lively and he is given the same love and care and freedom as Lola but i know he is lonely. The intention was to bond them both but it went really wrong after 3weeks so they have had to be seperated again. They will hopefully be re-bonded soon but i cant help but feel like im doing wrong by Buster as all of his needs arent being met. Lola couldnt really careless i dont think, she's still too busy enjoying her new life i surpose

Back