• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bunny vibes urgently needed.....please

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
bluebells been admitted with a sudden onset high fever of 40.2C no resp problems but a totally empty abdomen....she was eating when i went to bed in the small hours....:(

shes very weak and lethargic...and its like her sisters death all over again...dazy-mae died in ealry december:(

no obvious signs otherwise. The vet said i had to be aware buns with this high a fever and so weak usually dont make it. Its ok i said....i know..through learing the hard way:cry:

i took her to our bunny savvy vets and saw a new vet who let her go home..he said she needed looking after at home...i explained i cant...not with my fits...and besides her sister was admitted there with the same high temp....but he was adamnat she didnt need admitting..gave her a metacam shot and an antbx shot and told me her stomach wasnt gassy so she didnt need metaclop:shock: i was so in shock i didnt think about what had been said..i just paid up and went home..on getting home i realsied hed been a plonker and i should have stood up to him:cry:

i then got another taxi to a vet hospital i dropped years ago as no bun savvy vets...but merlin was treated by a good vet there last friday night.
Last time id seen the lady vet i saw..she treated salem and zuzu for kitten runs...zuzu will be five in august! she even rembered me:oops:
I told her what had happened etc and i must have looked awful as i was still shaking and she was worried about me..noo worry about bluebell..ill be fine.
She shook her head and told me bluebell needed admittin..shes very very ill..
she rang me when she finished her shift and said bluebell was moving in her cage there...but still very high temp and obviously ill..they gave her metaclop and zantac and syringe feeding every 2 hours. If she goes downhill in the meantime or passes away..theyll ring me..i told them anytime...and theyre to use my mobile as home phones are playing up.

If she makes it through the night....they will ring and update me in the morning....

i am thinking the worst...dazy-mae went like this.

they sent bertie home with me as stress and his seizures were just too risky.Then id end up with 2 dead rabbits:(

vibes please...poor bluebell...i ate a chocolate muffin and cider lolly without my big bad bully girly to attack me for it and chase me cos i said no:oops:

even the cats are worried shes not at home...despite her bullying them.

come on my big blue...bluebell poubell( bluebell dustbin:oops:)

I am glad you sought a second opinion and got her the help she needed. I really hope that she will be ok.

What a worry and how awful that the first vet sent you home. Well done for taking Bluebell elsewhere ... I really hope she makes it through the night and goes on to make a full recovery. x

Thank you all so much..please keep those vibes coming.

The vet rang and said shes survived the night and her temp is down a degree...phew! shes done a few poos too.
But i asked to keep her in until they know for sure shes going to make it.....with her sister thats what happened..she picked up only to be pts 24hrs later..exactly the same scenario...:(

the vet thinks it may be an infection as a result of the cocidia..or might even be a flare up of the coccidia itself. The problem is that the fecal float test doesnt differentiate between intestinal and hepatic..etc.

i am hoping shell perk right up and her fever will drop a little more....but only time will tell.

you should see the state poor berties in as he thinks shes been taken in and died anyway...hes hiding in the massive carboard box him and bluebell play with and snooze in..hes ventured out to use his litter tray right next to it and so is the food and water...hes shaking when he sees me..i think hes frightened ill take him and leave him at the vets:(

i rang emsworth to complain..poor receptionist:oops:
i told her what had happened and she was oh my....and said shed have got a second opinion and complained if shed had that sort of problem. She asked me if id like to speak to alex or get him to ring me...uh no...just make sure he knows ive complained and the fact is if i didnt get to that other vets when i had...shed have died....and shes made it through the night but is fighting for her life.:(
Its been noted and put on file how unhappy i was and what happened.....i said i will only see the vets i know from now on...and if theyre not there..ill go to the other vets.....

i miss my norty thug bunny...her true persona has only recently been surfacing and we realise shes not as brave as she makes out....shes not chasing the cats as much...and indeed was caught running round my room with dylan:oops: she has her moments....even lets the cats go right past her.....but freya is hooked on sniffing and licking her feet:oops:

and to make my day...ive just gone over my mums and medicated her un whos going into stasis...so looks like after mums seen her doc later...its off to the vets again:shock::(

come on bluebell..mummy wants her big girly home again...the cat food and my new potatoes are not attacked...and cider lollies dont taste the same unless youre running for your life eating them being chased by a big blue bunny.

vibes and vibes please....i need her to get better and come home soon...:love:

my big blue....

samsungmobile243.jpg

samsungmobile235.jpg

samsungmobile231.jpg

She's beautiful :love::love:

So glad she survived the night, I hope she gets better still today. Lots more vibes and vibes for your Mum's bunny too xxx

Back