• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny proofing

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Some pics of my bunny proofing have been requested. I thought to make it a bit easier I'd start a new thread and put it together.

Lionheads room.

cf606380.jpg

This area has changed ever so slightly recently. The panels to the right of the left leg of the table have been removed and a half panel put in in the other direction. I initially put the extra panels in because someone took to weeing next to the right leg of the table but she's stopped that now and it's a lot easier to clean without those there so I took them out.

Anyway, the yellow lead is the wire to the main 4 way plug for the computer and external hard drive. Thats in two lots of plastic coving and then a whole load of electrician's tape. The cable tidy under the desk is this. The panels are C&C or NIC cubes. They go right round the slope and the door to the baby gate.

121dd6dc.jpg

Baby gate with two panels from this (originally bought to block off under the bed but weren't suitable :oops:)

875be269.jpg

More C&C or NIC cubes here too. I took the top row off cos it wasn't needed. With my proofing I do tend to overdo it and then scale back as necessary. :oops:

Lops room:

6236c2d0.jpg

More plastic stuff (the black one is a nightmare, its very very strong and very difficult to use! I find the Ikea stuff easier to use but more likely to fall foul of bunny teeth). All my electrical stuff lives in the wardrobe and the wires come out the back and are encased in the black stuff, the grey lead is a TV lead that comes in in my room and goes downstairs (the tv was originally in my room). I do also have an Ikea lamp on my bed which clamps on and then the lead has more of that plastic stuff on and is tucked away behind bed and crates.

712dd051.jpg

B&Q folding crates under my bed as I do worry that my bed will break (it has in the past and been repaired quite well but I still worry) Big piece of plywood cut to size on top fo the crates cos amazingly Mini can get through that gap :shock:

3b9ac999.jpg

Wooden log toy round the wall corner as Mischa's had a 'nibble' in the past.

574b43ef.jpg

And for the sheer hell of it Mischa's ramp. :oops:

Last edited:
I love how organised your room is. Where did you get the paw print mat I would love one for when Stu and Kas have been bonded to change the whole layout of the room.

I love how organised your room is. Where did you get the paw print mat I would love one for when Stu and Kas have been bonded to change the whole layout of the room.

A shop in Scotland :lol::lol: It was quite thin and didn't last that long though. They have another, thicker one made by Tracy in similar print now instead.

_IGP1660-vi.jpg

I hate chaos. And our house is rather chaotic :evil: this room used to be awful cos it would end up being the dumping ground for all sorts :evil: So when I decorated it I made sure it had lots and lots of storage and now it's a little haven :love: Even though I do say so myself :lol:

Except I STILL don't have a lampshade :lol:

Last edited:
Oh wow- thanks for uploading these.

Where did you get the black cableholders from? Our sockets are all in inconvenient placesso lots of wires...

I just bought NIC (well safco) cubes to makea big cage as bunnies aren't allowed out alone, but I like how you've used it.

Where did you get the black cableholders from? Our sockets are all in inconvenient placesso lots of wires...

I just bought NIC (well safco) cubes to makea big cage as bunnies aren't allowed out alone, but I like how you've used it.

I have no idea! Sorry! Dad got that stuff I think. That particular one is really stiff and you have to take the plugs off to get the wire through and, blurgh, real pain in the bum. Ideally something between that and the Ikea stuff would be best but I haven't found it so tend to use two lots of the Ikea stuff instead.

:love:

I NEEEEEEEEED NIC panels for my office.

But my office has about 1000x more cables than your regular home, due to the nature of my work so its so hard :(

But my office has about 1000x more cables than your regular home, due to the nature of my work so its so hard :(

:( if it helps I did consider a big piece of wood with a batten each end to box it all away but then realised that I actually don't have that many leads round my computer. :oops::lol:

Hi...where did you get the wire panels from? They are perfect!!!

Ive got make-shift child fire-guards around the tv etc. But those wire squares would be ideal for loads of things to bun-proof other places.

Rach x

Our conservatory would be great to let the buns in however it is OHs office. Similar wires problem everywhere so the are totally banned. Could be after they chewed though his laptop power cable, phone cable and hub cable. To make it worse it was only discovered an hour before he was due to a big presentation.

Ive got make-shift child fire-guards around the tv etc. But those wire squares would be ideal for loads of things to bun-proof other places.

Rach x

They used to be bit easier to get hold of, now it's more difficult. You can search for mesh storage cubes on amazon or eBay. Wickes and B&Q sometimes do them too.

Rach x

Search for Safco cubes - I got mine on eBay just - one company on there has a lot. 17 panels for £29.99 - Google 'shopping' them as well - I think you can probably get them cheaper slightly, I just got so flipping excited that I bought them straight away. But was free delivery so works out quite good. Really excited about them now!

For plug sockets I make a cube with one side missing (which goes over the socket and plugs) out of the panels. Buns dont bother moving it. Then folllow the wires along the wall like Shuette has done in the lops room.

For plug sockets I make a cube with one side missing (which goes over the socket and plugs) out of the panels. Buns dont bother moving it. Then folllow the wires along the wall like Shuette has done in the lops room.

That's a good idea :thumb:

Back