• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the silliest thing your Rabbits have ever done?

TickTock

Alpha Buck
What's the silliest or most strange thing your Rabbits have ever done? Or even that strange habit that you just stop and wonder...why?

I think my first is, when I was a young'un I had a pet rabbit called Pablio. I brought her in for a treat, put her on the table turned to get the treat. Its wasn't there! so i went into the next room, grabbed the treat... And bunny was no longer there! Me and my mother searched everywhere until we gave up. She started dinner went to put some rubbish in the bin... and found Pablio sitting in it looking up at her :lol:

Also my baby Puffy has a very odd habit of being vocal when he's yawning. He yawns so hard he screams. frightens the live out of me! :roll:

Come on RUers! lets here what odd things your bunnies have done!

Oh god, there are millions. Most involve eating things.

Probably chewing through the fridge cable...whilst it was on. Coming a close second is jumping down behind the fridge and getting stuck - repeatedly.

I love her, but she's a complete bampot :roll:

I dunno if this is silly or just plain smart but the other day when I was brushing Smudge downstairs he jumped off my lap, out the door, up the stairs and back to the babygate on his room. :lol:

Gasket once when h was a baby climbed into the gas fire and as running around behind the pilot light. He also burned his whiskers on a candle once.

Widget licked a stinging nettle.

Oh my :lol: The things they get up to. licking nettles is what one of my babies did one. She soon learnt not to lick them, poor thing.

Worst time puffy was vocal was when my OH and I were watching Star Trek Voyager and the baddies (the Borg) were chasing people. Puffy picked just the right moment for having a good stretch :lol:

These are so funny :lol:

The silliest thing Max does is trying to jump onto the sofa and failing completely. Most of the time he makes it up easily but occasionally I'll just hear a scrabble, see his face appear above the sofa and the disappear back down again :lol: Gets me every time :lol:

When Marvin tried to jump onto my bed, only to land on my face, panic, scratch me, then fall back off.

:evil:

My fave was my bridge bunny, Sniffy, who jumped in a tray of emulsion paint, and then ran all around the kitchen, hall and dining room with me chasing him:lol:
It took me longer to clean the floor and carpets than it did to paint the wall:roll:

Yesterday Titch convinced me she really was dead, even after I'd rubbed her head to check and picked her up. The tears were welling up, then she shook herself and legged it up the garden:roll:

Thumping at the big Nemo helium balloon I bought yesterday :roll:

Not realising that I'd pulled the sofa out further away from the wall, so where he normally climbs up the sofa and then walks along the radiator behind it, he missed the radiator and fell off!

Running up the stairs too quickly and not looking where he's going so he runs into the walls :roll:

He's just generally a bit dappy! :lol: (like most men)

Bobby has binkied into a wall and nearly knocked herself out in the process. :roll:

She gets very excited when it comes to veggie time :lol:

awww :lol::lol::lol: I'm loving hearing about our mad bunsters :D

My old bun Bilbo used to steal pink teddies and run around with them in his mouth :lol::lol: he was not interested in any f my other cuddlies, just the pink ones :D

I dunno if this is silly or just plain smart but the other day when I was brushing Smudge downstairs he jumped off my lap, out the door, up the stairs and back to the babygate on his room. :lol:

:lol: Marley does this....theyre just smart bunnies ;)

I think Marley prefes living indoors, the number of times ive let him come in to free range and hes dissapeared off upstairs and either sat in my room of flopped out by the door :love:

Pie getting excited about dinner and snatching a piece of courgette that fell on the floor, legged it, sat chewing it then spat it out, half chewed looking disgusted, and then snubbed ME all evening - she took it, I didnt give it to her! :roll: :lol:

Somebun (Narla, I think) chewed through the fairy lights at my parents CHristmas before last. It was only when they were put by the bin to be thrown out that I noticed the damage (they weren't on when she did it).

First prize also goes to Narla who chewed through my Mother's medical oxygen supply.

Good job my parents are animal lovers: the bunnies are still allowed to free range when we go there! My Dad explained away the hole in the oxygen tube by saying it had been caught under the door. We know it was Narla, though, because we caught her when she tried to do it again!

Hi,

One of my rabbits got behind our fire (it was disconnected) and up the chimney where she found a ledge to sit on. I thought I'd shoved her in the washing machine as she was nowhere to be seen but eventually she emerged and blew her secret hidey hole.

At the minute one of my buns has a mortal enemy - a collared dove. We have floor to ceiling windows in our lounge and whenever the dove flies onto the patio it comes right up to the window. Bundy runs straight towards it and they stand there eyeballing each other!

The funniest was probably what we call "the bunny rucksack" incident. Bundy attempted to hump Roo, got a bit over energetic and ended up on her back like a jockey, all 4 feet off the ground!

Nigel jumped straight off the floor and straight into my plate of chinese takeaway that I was enjoying at the time - I am not sure who was more shocked him or me :lol::lol: We had little orange footprints on the lounge carpet after that little escapade!

Lilly the other night tried the stairs for the first time, managed to get up a couple and then couldnt figure out how to get down, so she jumped, but hadnt accounted for the slippy tiles in the hall way and went skidding a few feet! Very funny to watch!:lol:

Back