• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies wake up when I go to bed...

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
...they're indoors, but only out of their cage when I'm there. But they come out and sit on the living room floor and sleep!

Then when I'm about to go to bed, between 10 and 11 they really wake up.

I don't want to put them to bed when they're having fun and getting exercise, but I can't leave them out because they've discovered they can use their teeth to chew things and I haven't bunny proofed! (not bothered about furniture - neither are they - just wires! Don't want them to get hurt).

What do you all reckon?

i had this same problem last night. had bella and jasper in my bedroom and i can tell you now i barely got an hours sleep and a tired mummeh is not a happy bunny i can tell ya :roll: :lol:

to be honest there's not a lot you can do if you dont want to let them free range at night, i dont trust my guys as they are major chewers of woodwork and we rent, but maybe you could get them a puppy pen.... expand their base at night so they can play etc :wave:

I'm bonding my 3 at the moment in the back bedroom so come the time I want to sleep they all wake up!! I've just given them the landing as well as they were going stir crazy and now they're bombing about rattling the barriers :shock: it's gonna be a long night :(

Bunny proof! Then you can have them free-range 24/7. I find the trick is to have all wires contained to one or two areas, then you can block them off.

I'm bonding my 3 at the moment in the back bedroom so come the time I want to sleep they all wake up!! I've just given them the landing as well as they were going stir crazy and now they're bombing about rattling the barriers :shock: it's gonna be a long night :(

i seriously feel your pain :wave:

bella and jasper have been relocated to the kitchen now, i just couldnt hack it and that was after one night :oops: :lol:

Yeah, we rent so it's always a bit of a worry - I don't mind about furniture and stuff as it's all ours as are the wires (It's the bunnies I'm worried about in that situation!) but they're not *completely* litter trained yet. It's long hard work.

I could let them out in the kitchen - but I worry about the back of the fridge and freezer - They're pushed right up against the wall and it's VERY unlikely the buns could get there as they're far to big to get down there! Is the back of a fridge dangerous? (I have no idea!).

I've got a puppy pen, but they are getting big enough to *attempt* hopping over the edges of it! I don't want to come down one morning and find a bun speared on the top! (not that it's sharp!)

I suppose my fear is that they will get hurt - when they're in their cage at least I know they're safe.

God help me when I have children!!

Yeah, we rent so it's always a bit of a worry - I don't mind about furniture and stuff as it's all ours as are the wires (It's the bunnies I'm worried about in that situation!) but they're not *completely* litter trained yet. It's long hard work.

I could let them out in the kitchen - but I worry about the back of the fridge and freezer - They're pushed right up against the wall and it's VERY unlikely the buns could get there as they're far to big to get down there! Is the back of a fridge dangerous? (I have no idea!).

I've got a puppy pen, but they are getting big enough to *attempt* hopping over the edges of it! I don't want to come down one morning and find a bun speared on the top! (not that it's sharp!)

I suppose my fear is that they will get hurt - when they're in their cage at least I know they're safe.

God help me when I have children!!

bella and jasper have their cages at night and that was the probelm last night, bella thumped her feet. kept rattling the bars and basically being a total diva about things :roll: hence now little madam is in the kitchen :lol:
hmmmmmmm sleep for me woop woop ;)

bella and jasper have their cages at night and that was the probelm last night, bella thumped her feet. kept rattling the bars and basically being a total diva about things :roll: hence now little madam is in the kitchen :lol:
hmmmmmmm sleep for me woop woop ;)

Haha being a diva!

When they went back in yesterday morning (they come out for about 1 and half hours in a morning before work) Bailey was rattling on the bars as well. I feel so bad :(

They've got each other for company and aren't interested in toys - I've tried everything - unless it's got food in it, they don't want to know!

I'm getting NIC cubes to build them a new cage with shelves and stuff in it so hopefully that'll keep things interesting for them when I'm at work or sleeping!

Haha being a diva!

When they went back in yesterday morning (they come out for about 1 and half hours in a morning before work) Bailey was rattling on the bars as well. I feel so bad :(

They've got each other for company and aren't interested in toys - I've tried everything - unless it's got food in it, they don't want to know!

I'm getting NIC cubes to build them a new cage with shelves and stuff in it so hopefully that'll keep things interesting for them when I'm at work or sleeping!

:) sounds like you are doing the best for them hun so dont beat ya self up. you're better than me, i love my guys to bits but i'll admit bella's ears must have been burning today i was cursing her so much to everyone :lol:
they both come out for about 2 hours in the morning and all evening from about 7pm till we go to bed and you know what she does, snoozes on her bloomin mat so ya know what, she snoozes she loses!!! :lol:

yes, i love my sleep :oops: :lol:

If you do decide to bunny proof you are welcome to PM me with any questions, have a tad experience in that matter. ;):lol:

I aspire to be you when it comes to bunny proofing.

I'm not stalking you.....

....honest :)

:lol: My Dad is pretty good too ;):lol: We're both 'problem solver' type personalities so bunny proofing is pretty ideal for us :lol:

I admit to copying Shuette's bunny proofing, and the bunnies are a lot happier for it, they now have 24 hour free range.

Although I wouldn't reccommend 24/7 free range in a huge room with a skittish bun as you'll never get to spend time with them, Annabella only ever comes near me for food. She did that anyway but now her avoiding me is a lot more effective with the addition of the tunnel :roll:

I might have to bring the pen back in for taming purposes at some point...

:) sounds like you are doing the best for them hun so dont beat ya self up. you're better than me, i love my guys to bits but i'll admit bella's ears must have been burning today i was cursing her so much to everyone :lol:
they both come out for about 2 hours in the morning and all evening from about 7pm till we go to bed and you know what she does, snoozes on her bloomin mat so ya know what, she snoozes she loses!!! :lol:

yes, i love my sleep :oops: :lol:

Haha - that's Exactly what these 2 do! Still bunny's! They won't learn! Play while you're out! Sleep in the hours in the bed!

Back