• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much do you pay for a bunny consultation?

I think it's about £20-25, not entirely sure it's been a while since we've had one anywhere other than the emergency vets (eh Smudge?!)

£16 something for a bunny, about a pound less for hammies.

I don't know if the same would apply for rabbits, but we only got charged a consultation fee for Snickers on her first visit (suspected mites that turned out to be Cushings) and then just got charged the cost of meds for the other 3 visits.

£16 something for a bunny, about a pound less for hammies.

I don't know if the same would apply for rabbits, but we only got charged a consultation fee for Snickers on her first visit (suspected mites that turned out to be Cushings) and then just got charged the cost of meds for the other 3 visits.

Just for a hammy at mine is more than you pay for a bunny :lol:

Just for a hammy at mine is more than you pay for a bunny :lol:

:shock::shock:

They do seem quite cheap for the consultations, but I'm sure they probably make extra cash in other areas.

I'm considering trying Companion Care actually - the vet we saw there after Bailey (hamster) had his leg amputated has bunnies and we had a long chat & she seems knowledgable - but their consultation fees are higher (yet cost of vaccs are lower)

:shock::shock:

They do seem quite cheap for the consultations, but I'm sure they probably make extra cash in other areas.

I'm considering trying Companion Care actually - the vet we saw there after Bailey (hamster) had his leg amputated has bunnies and we had a long chat & she seems knowledgable - but their consultation fees are higher (yet cost of vaccs are lower)

A hammy colsult at mine is £17... although if they do nothing at all one of the vets (the good bunny one actually) sometimes doesnt charge you.

That good vet made up for not charging me that once by charging me £70 the other day though :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

The vet (not our normal one) charged £26 when we had Snickers pts. He very kindly didn't charge an emergency consult fee either (it was Easter Sunday) although I'd have gladly paid it.

Wow mine is so cheap! My vets is around £6-7 I think, around £5 for subsequent visits. The other vet in the area is £14.

Back