• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the age rabbits become fertile?

nessar

Warren Veteran
What is the age rabbits, both male and female (I realise it will be a different answer for each) become fertile?

The internet has many different answers and I know its been on here a few times but I can't find the threads! Just want to check my facts :)

Can't be specific to breed but the youngest doe we have had handed in that was pregnant was 11 1/2 weeks:cry:..her brothers, one of which must have been the culprit were the same age

Can't be specific to breed but the youngest doe we have had handed in that was pregnant was 11 1/2 weeks:cry:..her brothers, one of which must have been the culprit were the same age

Gosh, thanks Jill. Do you know the 'general' age? What age do you separate the boys and girls in litters at the rescue?

I need to know this too . . my 'babies' are now almost 7 weeks . . and although we have not yet bothered trying to sex them it seems unlikely all 6 will be the same sex!!

I need to know this too . . my 'babies' are now almost 7 weeks . . and although we have not yet bothered trying to sex them it seems unlikely all 6 will be the same sex!!

I sexed my gracie at 4-5 weeks! im sure you can sex them now! i was told sex by 7 weeks, seperate into sexes from 8-9 weeks!

I sexed my gracie at 4-5 weeks! im sure you can sex them now! i was told sex by 7 weeks, seperate into sexes from 8-9 weeks!

we could sex them now (and did a couple a few weeks ago) but as we do not need to yet we have simply not bothered -

the new hutch/run should arrive this week or next and then we can separate - but I was just checking when we have to do so.

the new hutch/run should arrive this week or next and then we can separate - but I was just checking when we have to do so.

I guess this will give you an opportunity to review the groupings of the remainder of the bunnies who did not end up being bonded into trios or quads. If you want any help do shout.

Back