• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suitable for 4??

What size of run? That only really would be suitable for 2 I think...30sq ft? Or have I got that wrong? I'm sure the recommended for 2 is 36 sq ft.

Plus, I'd honestly recommend against this hutch, its the worst hutch I have owned :shock: Really difficult to clean, only one bun can fit in the covered area and my doors don't shut properly. If you could stretch to this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-5-x-6ft-2...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item35b219780c

its more space and would likely last longer.

I seem to remember you aren't allowed a shed? I'll see if I can find some bigger hutches.

Last edited:
What size of run? That only really would be suitable for 2 I think...30sq ft? Or have I got that wrong? I'm sure the recommended for 2 is 36 sq ft.

Plus, I'd honestly recommend against this hutch, its the worst hutch I have owned :shock: Really difficult to clean, only one bun can fit in the covered area and my doors don't shut properly. If you could stretch to this...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6ft-5-x-6ft-2...et_Supplies_Small_Animals&hash=item35b219780c

I seem to remember you aren't allowed a shed? I'll see if I can find some bigger hutches.

:shock: thats sooo expensive!!

but i agree about the bed area in the other one! it does look small! ahh just when I thought I got it sorted lol!

tho there is no garentee the bond will work yet! so many still end up with a trio rather than a quad, but just looking at the options!

oo and the run, is the big trixie run, i posted it on here awhile ago its the one i won on ebay!

:shock: thats sooo expensive!!

but i agree about the bed area in the other one! it does look small! ahh just when I thought I got it sorted lol!

tho there is no garentee the bond will work yet! so many still end up with a trio rather than a quad, but just looking at the options!

oo and the run, is the big trixie run, i posted it on here awhile ago its the one i won on ebay!

Oh yes, I remember your run :) Will you attach it to the hutch?

Is there no way at all you could have a small shed? I really don't think 3 buns can fit in a hutch.

Oh yes, I remember your run :) Will you attach it to the hutch?

Is there no way at all you could have a small shed? I really don't think 3 buns can fit in a hutch.

possible! depends on if I can! and they would be on patio etc

and no mum is a NO on the shed :evil::evil: cos the hutch has to be up against the fence etc xx

I have these- they are a nightmare to build, but they are a good size and would be okay if the roof secured on which it doesn't. They are stapled together - so i recommend lots of nails and lino the bottom else pee will go straight through. Also a cover or taup as the treatment is rubbish on these.

I have these- they are a nightmare to build, but they are a good size and would be okay if the roof secured on which it doesn't. They are stapled together - so i recommend lots of nails and lino the bottom else pee will go straight through. Also a cover or taup as the treatment is rubbish on these.

on the ebay one? or the one i originally posted? x

oo ahh now im totally confused!!

I think you do need bigger for three rabbits. Can you get two of the doubles and just have 2 pairs instead of a trio/quad? I don't think there is anything other than a shed that is big enough for 4.

I think you do need bigger for three rabbits. Can you get two of the doubles and just have 2 pairs instead of a trio/quad? I don't think there is anything other than a shed that is big enough for 4.

yes that is another option!! but then I would have to daily rotate the using of the run! so 1 day 1 pair the next day the other! etc

what good doubles are there around ! x

If its a no to a shed, what about a wendyhouse?

They're so pretty, smaller in hight [probably smaller than the 3 story hutch?] and can easily go against a fence - Show Mum some pics, she might like the look of one on the patio?? :wave:

If its a no to a shed, what about a wendyhouse?

They're so pretty, smaller in hight [probably smaller than the 3 story hutch?] and can easily go against a fence - Show Mum some pics, she might like the look of one on the patio?? :wave:

tried that there to wide, need to be 2-3foot wide cos it has to be flat against the fence

i did look at this but 1 there are soo expensive for 2 and 2 there to long cos there 5ft long the patio is only 7 foot and with 2 it would be 2 foot and can't over hang cos its bushes etc x

TBH whatever hutch you get is going to be too small with the space you have.

TBH whatever hutch you get is going to be too small with the space you have.

Not at all! with 7ft in length you could have something 7ft long by 3ft wide and 2 storey, though I imagine that would be a custom build and expensive.

Perhaps a 4ft x 4ft wendyhouse with a 6ft x 2ft attached to part of the run as well? I can't quite imagine the space but that might work.

Not at all! with 7ft in length you could have something 7ft long by 3ft wide and 2 storey, though I imagine that would be a custom build and expensive.

Perhaps a 4ft x 4ft wendyhouse with a 6ft x 2ft attached to part of the run as well? I can't quite imagine the space but that might work.

She said she can't have the run too big because of the bushes. :?

i can't have a perminant run! has to moved/taken down cos its on the patio!

i'd love a 7 by 2 1/2-3ft double or even triple! but its the cost and how to get it in the garden :?

Back