• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My silly lizard.

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Look how he spends most of his time. :lol:

DSC01371.jpg

DSC01374.jpg

He's still being weird about eating anything that isn't alive. :?
But he looks healthy enough so I might just have a chat with my vet. As I have to panic every time any of my other pets don't want to eat it's really hard not to with Genghis.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

He is really neat looking. :D
I don't know anything about lizards, but I would probably do the same as you and ask my vet about his eating habits. I hope all goes well. xx

Hmm so he's on mainly locusts/crickets and worms?
He looks healthy enough though! :love:

I love the way he is lying with his back legs dangling off the edge :lol: :lol: :love:

Hmm so he's on mainly locusts/crickets and worms?
He looks healthy enough though! :love:

I love the way he is lying with his back legs dangling off the edge :lol: :lol: :love:

He has locust every week or every other week and wax worms. I stay away from crickets because he can't catch them and they can hide in all sorts of places. I had some in there for a month once... :lol:

I offer him veg every day. Spring greens are supposed to be the staple of his diet so I offer him some every day. He eats about a 3cm squared piece and that's it. Sometimes he'll eat carrot, watercress and a few fruits and I offer him whatever I have in really. He will only eat out of my hand and sometimes only if I wave it around. :roll:

I keep food in there all the time but it dries out very quickly. He's just weird.

Hmm funny lizard! :roll: :love:
Well I guess if he's happy and healthy thats all that matters. I suppose just make sure he is getting the nutrients he needs and is not at risk of MBD. But by the looks of things he has a very peachy life! :lol: :love: :love:

Hmm funny lizard! :roll: :love:
Well I guess if he's happy and healthy thats all that matters. I suppose just make sure he is getting the nutrients he needs and is not at risk of MBD. But by the looks of things he has a very peachy life! :lol: :love: :love:

Spoiled. :roll:
He has some beardie nutrient powder stuff which I put on his food too.

I think you tell if they're a healthy weight by looking at the base of their tail and how chunky it is. He'll go for a day or two without moving. That's on the cooler side of the tank. Then the next day he'll dance around like a loony.

My lettuce was exactly the same! When I got him at 5 he'd been kept in a 2 ft viv and fed on mealworms, chips and any spiders he could catch :shock:

He still prefers to be hand fed cos he's a lazy so and so and is a bit partial to a rocket salad with rasberries :)
He also likes running about with the buns and posing for photos :lol:

28032011389.jpg

My lettuce was exactly the same! When I got him at 5 he'd been kept in a 2 ft viv and fed on mealworms, chips and any spiders he could catch :shock:

He still prefers to be hand fed cos he's a lazy so and so and is a bit partial to a rocket salad with rasberries :)
He also likes running about with the buns and posing for photos :lol:

28032011389.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: His face! :love:

Sir Hiss will peep over the top of his viv at me.....just peep.And I watched him yawn!! So sweet!!! Hes not mine but hes been with me for months!!

bunslave, how was he still alive on that diet? :shock:
Poor guy. But his face is amazing. I daren't let Genghis out with the buns, and as a rule he has to have a bath before he has free range so he can poo in the bath and not on my carpet. :evil: :lol:

bunslave, how was he still alive on that diet? :shock:
Poor guy. But his face is amazing. I daren't let Genghis out with the buns, and as a rule he has to have a bath before he has free range so he can poo in the bath and not on my carpet. :evil: :lol:

Dunno but he's 9 now :) He pooed on my windowsill last week so I totally understand the dread :D

Back